




Good Afternoon ...
I love Christmas ... it's such a happy time ... and I LOVE to give ... and I LOVE watching LeAnna ...
Just remembering how magical it was for me as a child ... I love making it "magical" for LeAnna ... just watching her eyes glisten ... Every gift she opened, her eyes were wide and she would gasp ... opening each present slowly as if to savor each moment! ... she was so sweet on Christmas morning ... We were so excited for her to open her gifts ... she opened one and then she said ... okay Daddy's turn! Then she brought me a gift to open ... then she would open another ... we tried to get her to open all of hers first and she wouldn't have it any other way ... She is such a sweet girl.
We of course, sang "Happy Birthday Lord Jesus" and talked about it being Jesus' birthday ... wanting her to know the "true" meaning of this time of year ...
One of her favorite gifts was her Princess CD player ... it's in her room and she thinks this is the greatest thing! She is such a music lover already! She said she needed this so she could take a bath and get dressed to music just like Daddy and also have it to listen to when she was going to sleep! =)
Some of her other favorite gifts was her Ariel Talking Salon ... she is "all of a sudden" Ariel Crazy! She got several things Ariel this Christmas. She also got her very own Barbie Jeep to drive! And a new bicycle!
Papaw and Granny gave her the new "jeep" and Nana gave her the new bike via a "scavenger hunt"! She was so excited going from room to room, reading clues that led her up to the new bike!
LeAnna was so curious and nervous all at the same time about Santa coming! She couldn't figure out how he was going to get in the house since we don't have a chimney! Thus the reason for the "magic key" that we left for him and he returned next to the plate of milk and cookies that he so graciously devoured at 2:00am! What's funny ... is the next morning ... Princess finished up his crumbs ... thankfully I had gotten a "picture" before she did so ... so I could show LeAnna that there really were cookies on the plate!
Although, I didn't start wrapping one thing until Christmas Eve at 11:20pm ... and was still wrapping for each place we went to on Sunday and Monday and Tuesday right before we would leave to go there .... Whew! So glad I can officially put up the gift tags, paper, tape and scissors!
I am MUCH more rested today than the last couple of days ... wow! This Christmas took a toll on me! The lady my Mom works for went out of the country for a week (the week before Christmas) and hired me as her assistant ... that alone was way more than one person's job! On top of that, my regular job ... plus my photography business (which is the busiest from September - December) and then the normal shopping, wrapping and Holiday activity ...
Woo-Hoo ... sad to say - but glad it's over!
Now ... moving on ... and 2007 is just around the corner!
I've set some personal goals for myself for this next year! I've got to get my game plan in place and keep myself focused!
In the past, I have set "goals" (I've learned not to call them resolutions) and then not followed through!
Maybe by calling them by a new name "goals" ... that I'll have better results! ... I'll keep you posted! =)
I trust everyone had a peacful, joyful Christmas ...
Happy Wednesday ... tammy


No comments:
Post a Comment