Saturday, December 09, 2006

Santa and Me .... FINALLY!



Good Evening ...

Today was a VERY hectic day ...

Nate and I went to breakfast this morning ...

then I had pictures to take ...

pictures to send UPS ...

pictures to pick up ...

Batson family Christmas dinner ...

deliver pictures ...

a wedding ...

pictures with Santa ...

dinner ...

and now I'm sitting here trying to unwind from this long, hectic day!

Whew!

Okay ... so ... went to the mall yesterday with LeAnna ... passed Santa in his "picture booth" ... LeAnna said she wanted to stay on the side of me opposite Santa ... then buried her face in my coat and squeezed my hand as we passed by! She is SO scared of him!

SO ... a man at our church, plays Santa and invited us to come over to take some "Santa pics" this evening ...

LeAnna FINALLY decided that she would go ... at first, she told me that she wanted to give him her Christmas list, but that she wanted me to talk to him ... she even talked Granny into going with her as well as her friend Kaitlyn ...

So when we got there ... he was in his normal clothes and he told her that he was going to his room to change into his Santa suit ...

It took her no time at all to warm up to him and she even sat on his lap and told him what she wanted for Christmas! By the time we got ready to leave, she kept wanting to give him hugs ... she really liked this Santa! =) Thanks Bob and Barbara!

I am so tired I think my fingers are the only things functioning right now ...

When I took pictures this morning (outside) ... I got back in my van after about an hour of being outside and I couldn't even feel my toes they were so numb from the cold!

Here's another Holiday recipe and tidbit that I'm getting ready to try ...

... recipe ...

Marshmallow Puffs

36 marshmallows
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp. butter

Arrange marshmallows in an aluminum foil-lined, greased 9x9 baking pan; set aside. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high setting, stirring after each 30 seconds, until melted. Stir until smooth; pour over marshmallows in pan. Chill completely; cut into squares between marshmallows. Makes 3 dozen.

... and tidbit ...

"It's easy to wrap up slightly sticky candies for gift giving ... use red thread to stitch together two rectangles of wax paper that's cut slightly larger than the candy. Leave one side open, slip the candy inside and seal with a sticker."





How fun is that?!



Happy Saturday Evening ... tammy




4 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

She is absolutely gorgeous in these pictures!!! Is it me or is she changing a bit? She's looking older like my girlie. Wow. Time flies. We also had a church Santa this week. I got much better pics than the mall! You too! These are great. I think I know those folks too. They look familiar.

TracieClaiborne said...

Is that bottom pic flash or no flash? On board flash or do you mostly use one that's not built in? I don't know the technical term! ha!

Thanks! They are so great. BTW, is that Barbara that works at Rivergate Toyota. If no, ignore me, I'm crazy. LOL

TracieClaiborne said...

Me again. Don't post that last comment of mine. (The second one.) I shouldn't have put the name of the place somewhere works online.

Anonymous said...

This undoubtfully the best looking Santa that I have ever seen! Looks to me like he might be the real one!!!