Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm Dreaming Of A White Velvet Christmas ...

Good Afternoon ...

Yesterday, LeAnna got her first Christmas present in the mail ... from her uncle Ray-Ray and aunt Billye ... she was so excited!

A new baby doll and a Cinderella Cookie Jar ...

And today ... they made Gingerbread Houses at school ...

This is LeAnna's creation ... she was so excited about today ...


******************************************************************
And even more so about tomorrow ... tomorrow is Polar Express day and they get to wear their pj's, robes and slippers ... she thinks this is the coolest!


Busy week for her ...


Then on Thursday is her Christmas program at school and then her Christmas party on Friday which is also her last day until January 4th!
Whew!
And I thought I was busy! ha!
********************
Okay ... here's another one that I've GOT to try ... the name itself caught my attention ...
********************
White Velvet Cut-Outs
********************
2 Cups butter, softened
1 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
2 Cups Sugar
2 Egg Yolks, beaten
1 Tsp. Vanilla
4 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
Optional: Candy Sprinkles (hhmmm, I bet peppermit candy bits would be good)
************************
Blend together butter and cream cheese: add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Chill for 2 hours; roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes; place on greased baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely and frost; top with sprinkles, if desired. Makes 7 Dozen.
*********************
Frosting:
3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp Shortening
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Cup Milk
Optional: food coloring
*********************
Combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and milk; beat until smooth. Add remaining sugar and food coloring, if desired: beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes until creamy.
*********************
A Holiday Tidbit ...
"Keep your soft cut-outs soft by adding one or two apple quarters to the cookie jar ... just remove the apples in two days."
*********************
Happy Merry Tuesday ... tammy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love that little gingerbread house. Can you explain to me (via e-mail) how they put it together? I didn't want to do a big one this year but that looks doable! LOL

Such cute gifts! Isn't Christmas fun? Love the cookie jar!

Anonymous said...

I'm begging someone other than Tracie to comment on this blog.