Good Morning ...
The holidays are here ... and I'm feeling it ...
Wish I was feeling more of the "good of it" than the "stress of it"!
Yesterday's highlights ...
* Christmas Choir practice
* Church
* LeAnna "went to Bethlehem" with Granny and Papaw (a church in Green Hills hosted this ... they had live animals and they "toured" Bethlehem ... Granny said LeAnna couldn't wait to see Baby Jesus! She made an angel and a piece of pottery.
* Nate's work had a Christmas dinner (had a great time ... one of the sweetest ladies in the whole world, in the middle of dinner, decided to use the restroom ... for some odd reason, we all watched her leave the table ... and I only wish I had my camera ... she walked over to a set of double wooden doors ... started trying to pry them open ... which they wouldn't ... she finally pryed them open and to her "dismay" she was walking into a coat closet ... Oh My ... we laughed so hard at her ... I know she'll probably never live this down ... but we were so happy she actually "made it" to the restroom after this!
Such hustle and bustle ... this time of year ... it's so easy to foget the most important "reason for the season" ... and that is the celebration of our Saviour's birth. It's so easy to get caught up that we forget ... I LOVE giving more than getting at this time of year ... don't get me wrong, I love getting too ... but I get so much enjoyment out of "giving" ... making someone go, "Ahh"! or "Wow"! And I like to give because "He" gave to us all the greatest gift of all ... Thank You Jesus for making the most important difference this world will ever know!
Here's another holiday tidbit ...
"For a unique shape, lay cookies that are warm from the oven over a rolling pin for two minutes or until they take the shape" ... (these work great for "holly shapped" cookies ... so the leaf appears life like)
Happy Monday ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment