Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It Was All Stiring But The Mice ...

Good Morning ...

Yesterday ... I "finally" made a new recipe I had been wanting to try ...

When I started it ... I was thinking ... hhmmmm, this needs something else ... and Paula Deen always says to add or change a little something and make it your own! So I did ...

The original recipe is called "Cheesecake Squares" ... I think I'll call mine "Chocolate Cheesecake Squares" ... I make a recipe called "Chesscake Squares" ... and the ingredients are similar ... but ... made differently.

Wouldn't you know ... it calls for crescent rolls!!!! hahahahha! And you know I love anything stuck inside of a crescent roll ... so ... I was pretty excited about making these ...

Anyhoo ...

When I took them out of the oven .... I couldn't hardly wait for them to cool ... so I went ahead and cut me a "sample" ... the chocolate and cream cheese mixture oozed out between the cresecent rolls .... Oh My Goodness !!!!!!

I was a happy camper!
















THEN ... when picking up LeAnna for school yesterday ... her teacher said ... "the kids are so excited about tomorrow!" ... I looked at her funny and she said, "you know, Christmas Mice day" ... I had totally forgot ...

Normally not a big deal ... other than the fact that I volunteered the Christmas Mice!!!!!!

Oh my ...

So made a phone call to Mom (who has made the Christmas Mice for 15 years every Christmas) ... this was supposed to be a "group project" ... you know ... me and Mom and LeAnna ... making her cute little Christmas Mice for all her classmates ... together ... one evening ... set aside just to do so ... and ends up ... we are in the middle of a Family Seminar at church ... and so Mom graciously volunteered to come to the house and her and LeAnna made the mice last night! Bless her heart ... kudos to Mom!!!!

They turned out so cute though ...

Chocolate dipped cherries with Hershey Kisses for noses and almonds for ears ... sitting on top of a chocolate dipped Ritz peanut butter cracker!

yum - yum

Anyoo ... for this household... all was stiring but the Mice! ha! What's the old story ... "Not a creature was stiring, not even a mouse"!

Oh well ...


Here's another holiday tidbit ...

"If you promise to provide for a Christmas function ... make sure you not only make notes on the calendar, but you also post notes on the bathroom mirrors, the message boards, the computer ... just make them part of your decor ... so you don't mess up and forget - as I did!"

Happy Wednesday ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

How funny!! Please post your cheesecake recipe if you have time. Your mice look cute! I've never heard of those. I love Christmas!

I always have a fear that I will forget the homeschool group each month. I am the teacher of the K-1st and I just know they'll be sitting there waiting for me and I never show up! LOL! We have too much to do, you and I!