Saturday, May 31, 2008

Calla Lillys ...

Friday was "Adventure Day" ... and the adventure was a spa treatment to get a manicure ... her first one actually, so she was a little nervous ... however, she did fine ... and had the look of "that wasn't so bad" after we left ... she kept admiring her nails all afternoon ... just a girly girl thing ...


Today ... I was SO happy to see that my Calla Lilly that we planted last weekend had finally bloomed ... it is so beautiful ... Calla Lilly's are special to me ... it's the flower I carried and the girls carried in our wedding. I told LeAnna the story of my choosing this particular flower for my wedding and she seemed excited to talk about it ... isn't it every little girl's dream to have a fairy tale wedding? My one wish that I always had growing up ... was for my Daddy to walk me down the isle ... we were not sure he would be able to ... it was a slow walk, but we did it - together ... very cool.



I think I like my Calla Lilly's so much that I'm going to go back and buy some more!


This week has been crazy ... it seems as if things were "invading" from all angles at times ... and you know the feeling - you get to a point where you just don't think you can take anymore? But then you see or hear of someone else dealing with way more than you're dealing with and "your" blow softens a bit ... Thank God for these gentle reminders and waves of peace ... not that someone else is worse off, but that you are reminded of your inner strength and where it comes from!

Tomorrow evening at church the graduates are being honored ... LeAnna will have a table with her stuff on it ... she is excited ... she helped me pick things out today ... very simple ... but "something" we did together in her honor ... it was fun ...

Praying you find "inner strength" in "your" situation whatever it may be ...

happy day ... tammy

No comments: