Today I went to a special lady's house from my church and spent a couple of hours with her. We had the best time! She was so excited about our date ... she planned a very nice morning and it was a total surprise as to what we would do! The only details she gave me were, "wear something you don't mind getting a bit dirty and bring your camera".
When I arrived, she placed a special apron that someone gave her, around my neck ... and said ... "we're going to re-pot some flowers!" which we did ... and I found out that she had been nurturing them for a while and decided to "un-pot" hers and helped me re-pot my very own pot to take home ... how special is that?!
I really enjoyed walking around her house, her showing me things that were special to her ... and just getting to know her. I see her at church just about every time the doors are open ... and we smile and hug ... and exchange pleasantries ... but ... as I've said before ... when someone invites you into "their" private space, their home, their life, etc. ... it means a lot!
Yes ... I got a lot out of today ...
first, it was nice just to "get out" of the house, take off work for a few hours ... second, I got to know "better" a very special lady ... third, she taught me some things I didn't know ...
and the pot of flowers was such a nice gesture ... not only did she give of her time to spend with me, she gave me something "of hers" that was of importance to her ... something she had been nurturing and caring for ... and she shared with me, for me to bring it home and share with my family.
Thanks Sis. Special Lady ... for "giving" to me today ... what a blessing.
happy "hairy potter" day ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment