Thursday, May 01, 2008

Working and Wishing ...

May 1st!

It's Kindergarten Graduation Month!

She graduates on Sunday, May 18th ...

I'm a wreck about "Summer" already!

When she comes home from school, she comes in the door saying, "I'm bored! I need someone to play with" ...

oh my ... I can only imagine how summer will be!

AAHHHHH ....

I've already decided to "structurize" our summer! We are going to have things to do around here and then certain days of the week we'll have things to do outside the house ... hopefully this "will help" some maybe?!


Yesterday ... Aunt Betty and Nena left to go back to Florida.


They have been here 3 months and the reason for their trip was to help Mom.


They have been invaluable to Mom and I - and for that we are most appreciative!

Mom was very emotional yesterday over them leaving ... I felt so sorry for her! She cried a lot off and on throughout the day.

"the house feels so empty and I feel so alone" ... that's how Mom felt.


Bless her heart ... I asked her if she would like LeAnna to stay with her last night. She GLADLY accepted and loved the idea!

So I asked LeAnna if she would like to spend the night with Nana.

her response ... "what in the world will I do with her if she gets up in the middle of the night?"

ha!
Ends up ... we both stayed with Nana last night!

We'll see how tonight goes ... Aunt Judy might stay ...

I guess we'll take turns until Mom feels comfortable "moving about the cabin" in a big ol' house by herself. I think her fear is falling and no one there to know about it!

You know ... we just live SO FAR away ... it would take all of 10 seconds to get to her if need be.

oh well ...


This is the schedule until she is more comfortable.


So ... just working ... and working ... and working ...

and wishing ... and wishing ... and wishing ...

THAT I WAS NOT working ... and working ... and working!

hmmm ... 63 days and counting until vacation!

wOO - hOO



happy day ... tammy

2 comments:

Allison said...

Oh I know she is lonely after having a house full for so long. My grandparents feel that way after all of us have been in just for a weekend and leave. Poor Nana. I know you being next door is a huge blessing to her. You've got a lot on your plate Missy:) I just signed up to volunteer at Cub Scout camp for a week. WHAT WAS I THINKING? At least that is one week taken care of for summer plans.

Renee Camacho said...

Yep - we'll definitely have to plan some things. I can't believe summer is almost here...