Okay ...
so ...
last night before bed ... had our clothes laid out and ready ... lunches packed .... backpack packed and ready to grab on the way out the door ... it's the big field trip to the Renaissance Center in Dickson Tuesday morning ...
However ...
LeAnna woke up with a headache ... which turned into more of a migraine ... she was hurting so bad she was crying and complaining a little too much for my comfort level ... she doesn't do this very often ... so I was worried ... I had NO Tylenol in the house ... but I had Motrin ... hmmm ... well ... she didn't want to eat ... I got two bites of cereal down her ... which ended up not being enough I guess ... she took the Motrin and went and laid down ... Motrin is SO hard on your tummy on an empty stomach.
I called the teacher to explain what was going on ... she was expecting me to take pictures today of the kids for the scrapbooks she's making to give each child at the end of the year (thus the reason I'm at school a lot taking pics) ...
no answer ... so I left a message and my number for her to call ...
well ... the phone rang and it was her ... however ... I was in the bathroom with LeAnna holding a cold rag on her head while she was throwing up!!!!! Bless her heart ... eek ...
So ... got her settled back in bed ... and called her back ...
once again ... had to leave a message ... and "again" ... told her that I wasn't sure if I would make it I would have to see ... but to call me and give me details of what to do about our tickets, etc. ... and left my number "again" ...
Now ... a knock at the back door ...
it's Aunt Betty ... coming over to tell me that LeAnna's teacher keeps calling at Mom's house!
ha! oh my dear goodness ...
remember my last couple of days? CRAZY Monsoon!!!
well ...
the number that I gave the teacher to call me back? Was MOM'S ...
Not ONCE ... but TWICE folks!
How dumb is that?!!?!??!
Yep ... definitely feeling the effects of my downpour ...
Anyhoo ...
She got sick a few times ... but after the headache went away, she was fine ... and has been eating normal since lunch and feeling fine ...
YIKES!!!!
Always "something" ...
My life is SO boring ... I just don't understand why we never have any excitement or anything out of the ordinary happen around here!!!
Such a boring life ...
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ....
anyhoo ...
the day started getting better ...
LeAnna started feeling better ... and I even got a call today about the Condo ... Woo-Hoo ...
The taxes however, have bummed us ... BUT ... Nate decided to contact our Accountant at the last minute (literally) ... to have him look over our Turbo Tax mess that we tried to do on our own ...
as of a little bit ago ... we got a call stating that we owe a little over a $1,000 less than what we had conjured up on our own!
woo-hoo!!!!!!
Thank God and the Accountant
A funny "dumb" today ...
I decided to try a new recipe ... which ended up being an original ... since I was lacking two key ingredients that it called for ...
however ... it went well and we liked it with the replacement ingredients! And that's all that matters I guess ... that you please the palate of your family ...
anyhoo ... the "dumb" part ...
I asked my Mom if I could borrow her "NEW" crock pot ... mine's smaller and I wanted to try her new BIG one that she got ...
anyhoo ... "sure" was her reply ... so I haul the box in the house ... NOT paying attention to what it actually looks like on the outside of the box ... just that it was "something new" to play with!
SO ... remove it from the box ... noticing it was shut with only one piece of tape on one side ... mental note made but nothing registered ... then started to remove it from the box ... and noticed there was no lid on the top but just thought, it's somewhere else in the box ... moved along ... took it out and thought ... wow this is a bit dusty ... probably from the packaging it was packed in ...
and of course I always wash anything new before using ... so moved it over to the sink and removed the pot from the crock (or whatever) and when I laid the pot in the sink to start washing I glanced over at the "crock" part and noticed it was dirty - like food had been cooked and spilled over into it ...
WHAT?!?!? how dumb is that? I thought Mom said this was new ...
hmmm ... maybe she used it and forgot she had ... she IS medicated ...ha! (big joke right now ... that's her crutch for everything - "I'm medicated")
so I thought ... well ... before I use this thing, I need to wipe that out ... so I started cleaning the inside of the "crock" part and as I was cleaning, turned it around to the back ...
AND ... the whole back is caved in and THEN notice it's not even sitting in it's base properly ... it can't because it's broken!!!!!
WHAT?!?!?!?!
Back to the box to look at it ...
NO LID ... anywhere ... AND ... it's white ... the box (that I didn't notice before) pictured a Stainless Steel crock pot that was a WHOLE different model and make than what was sitting on my counter top ...
WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?!
And poor "medicated" Mom thought it was a GREAT deal ... for $49.99 on sale from $69
Okay ...
Some dumb idiot (sorry) ... packaged up their wedding gift crock pot from 20 years ago, with no lid and dented in and packaged it back up in a "different" box and returned it to the store ...
probably the week after Christmas when the checkout lady was way TOO busy to actually open the box and CHECK to make sure there was indeed a crock pot enclosed ... it could have been a box of rocks!
Hmmm ... what does this tell me?
Some dumb idiot ACTUALLY got away with this ... and is probably at home RIGHT NOW ... rummaging through his garage or who knows ... the neighbor's trash ... looking for JUNK to box up and return to the unassuming DUMB BLOND at register #1 ... only to leave with BRAND NEW items ... which means ... innocent "medicated" Mom's will come along and purchase neighbor's junk ... and WHO KNOWS ... might even give it as a gift!
Can you imagine?
If Mom had purchased that as a gift and gave it to someone for their wedding?
Oh My Goodness ...
dying thinking about it ...
Anyhoo ... she was SO upset ... that her and my aunt and cousin got in the car and drove back to Rivergate to return it ...
Can't WAIT to hear what they say ... my "fear" was that now that this box was actually going to be opened up in front of the DUMB BLOND at register #1, that she might think that MOM rummaged around in her garage or in the neighbor's trash to try and "pull one over" on her and NOT believe her ...
oh my ...
only my family ... only my life ... only me.
There are SO many details I leave out about my crazy life ... I seriously don't think anyone would believe them all!
ha!
happy crazy day ... tammy
1 comment:
Hey Tammy!! Thanks for stopping by! I'm so embarrassed you know how messy we really live!! *blushes* :D Even with all my lists, seems I can't stay on top of things . . . too much blogging, I guess!
Allison told me about QVC. I checked them out. I got a steal on eBaY . . . but I'll have to remember those for Christmas!! LoL
Post a Comment