Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cinderella, Shattered Glass, and Slit Wrists Because Simon Says ...

Yah ... I know ...

When I said "busier than a one armed paper hanger" last week? Well ... it got worse!

I really wanted to post on Sunday evening once we FINALLY arrived home ... but I was so tired, I went straight to bed.

Saturday - Cinderella was performed at the Renaissance Center in Dickson ...


LeAnna and Kaitlyn enjoyed themselves ... and Kaitlyn fell in love with the Prince in the short time we were there. Here he is signing her playbill ...




This was some interesting art displayed at the Center, paying homage to Alice In Wonderland ...






I was really excited to finally be able to attend the Renaissance Center ... been wanting to for a while - will definitely go back!

I had clients picking up pictures before and after the performance Saturday ... so Saturday was very busy at my house!

Then ... Sunday happened ...


-Sunday School
-quick lunch
-open house at the condo - had a looker, sounds promising - still hoping and praying for a call!
-"Simon Says" performance at the Becton's church
-Choir Practice
-Sunday evening church
-dinner with friends

yep ... another very busy day! But a very pleasant one!


Monday ... normally a day of "getting back to a routine" ... well ... work happened and not much else! Then a birthday dinner for Aunt Judy!

Today ... hmmm ... well ... CRAZY ... and that (crazy) is becoming part of my "norm" around here!

I had to leave my house all day for not wanting to talk about it reasons ...

stayed at Mom's ... and worked the best I could without my computer ...

I had to make a run to the grocery store for Mom this morning ... she needed "bulk" items ... so Aunt Betty and I went to Costco at 9:45am ... only to discover that they do not open until 11am (with my gold member status - not sure how golden that is!) ... so ... left and went to Sam's Wholesale ... got in the door and I couldn't find my stupid Sam's card ... hmmm ... Nate took it out of my wallet! ARGH! Had to get a temporary card made just to shop for 3 items!!!!! AAHHHHH ... Sam's didn't have everything Mom needed ... SO when all else fails ... I guess ... go to Walmart?! I really don't prefer Walmart ... but had to do it! Anyhoo ... Whew!

So ... this afternoon, Mom asked me to make a Blender Chocolate Pie to take to someone for her ... SO ... I did ... however ... when returning home with my blender this evening ... the pitcher part fell off the base that remained in my arms and shattered all over my kitchen and dining room! Do you know how thick blender glass is? VERY! Glass flew and a piece landed in my thumb - OUCH - pulled it out ... not a big deal ... until I started to clean up the mess and slit my wrist on a large jagged edge of glass sticking up! Okay ... I was at the point of slitting my wrist - but only in theory, NOT actually proceeding with it! Anyhoo ... finally stopped bleeding, calmed it with a band-aid ... good as new now ...

oh well ...

like I said before ... my life is SO boring and lacks action ... so I occasionally do things like drop my blender and slit my wrists ... JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!

whatever!

okay ... so ... THEN ... to top it ALL today ... I got a phone call that I HAD to attend a meeting this evening for the subdivision - a director's meeting ... the President of the association could not arrive until 8pm so I (being the sucker that I am - was voted in as Vice President of the association last Fall) had to attend at 7:30 to cover until the President got there ...


Yep ... NOT where I wanted to spend my evening from 7:30 until 9:00 this evening!


However ... the good news is ... I am home ... home sweet home ... and SO tired that I can't even sleep!

hmmm ...
anyhoo ... just a "glimpse" of my "Moment's" lately ...

Maybe I can come up with something exciting to talk about tomorrow!

happy day ... tammy

3 comments:

Allison said...

Wow! I am glad you didn't try to slit your wrists:) So sorry to hear about the blender. It must have fell just right to break. I completely forgot about Cinderella on Saturday...Jaden and I were at Simon Says practice though. Glad the girls had a good time. Sorry you couldn't sleep but glad you were able to blog...I've been missing it. Hope today is spectacular!

Renee Camacho said...

ICK about the blender...that's horrid. I'm glad you updated as well...been missing your updates.

Love the pictures of the girls...I'll have to show Kaitlyn her 'man'...ugh.

TracieClaiborne said...

Oh my word! That made me sick reading it!!! I'm glad you're ok!