Unimportant Things About Me ...
1. True. I really did have a riding lawn mower and push mower ... my Granddad was a "fix-it" man and his shop was always full of stuff that he was either working on or collecting! So he kept me in business! ha! and yes ... I did cut grass ... I was a TOTAL tomboy!
2. True. My dad bought me an old Model-T car and until I was old enough he had to drive me around in it ... it was a small "replica" that had a go-cart engine ... that was my riding toy compared to today's Dora jeeps and Barbie corvettes! And we did dress up and use it for Sunday School ... clown suits, balloons ... we definitely got the attention of the Sunday School kids.
3. True. I don't just "like" clocks ... I LOVE them! They are ALL over my house ... my guest bathroom is even decorated with a clock theme ... there are clocks on the walls, pictures of clocks on the walls and there is a sign laying on the counter top that says, "tick tock, tick tock, time's a wastin' " ... if you think about that one for a minute, it might bring a smile knowing it's in the bathroom! Or maybe it's my weird, contorted mind that has conjured up a funny about that ... who knows!
4. True. I cut my finger on the glass window of a stove when I was 3. It has always given me fits ... to the point that my Mom offered to pay for plastic surgery - 1. because she has always blamed her self for it happening and ... 2. she knew it bothered me so much. No one ever pays attention to it I found out - ha! PLUS, it is usually hidden at all times - well, when I'm feeling conscious about it.
5. True. I attended an event at the home of Sylvia Roberts, where George W. and Laura (we're on a first name basis now) had a fundraiser. They raised over a million dollars that evening ... it was a once in a lifetime event to remember.

6. FALSE. I Do NOT like riding REALLY big roller coasters ... I have, in my lifetime, ridden lots of coasters ... but have an aversion to really big ones ... however, it is true that with the eye issues, I have been told not to ride them. Wow ... one "good" thing about the eye issues ... I now have an "excuse" for my aversion.
7. True. My dad REALLY did tie a string around my tooth and a door knob and slam the door ... it worked ... the tooth came out ... it should have - at the time it was torture ... but we laughed about it later!
8. True. I was on the Bozo show for my fifth birthday. I was so excited about it ... talked about it for days ... THEN ... we got there ... taped all five shows in one evening ... and besides a few things about the show, about the only thing that stands out in my mind ... was the little girl next to me THREW UP on television EVERYWHERE ... I will NEVER forget it ... I can still smell it and see it! AAHHHHHHHHH .... she had spaghetti with macaroni noodles in it ... Oh My Goodness ... I'm telling you ... I still remember ... I remember the lights being really hot shining on us, standing on bleacher type stands ... and she "lost it" literally ... on TV!!! haahahhahaha ... oh my ... I remember having to get up at like 7am to watch it every morning that week ... we didn't have Tivo back then!
9. True. I really like the color black ... especially to wear ... many reasons for it ... we won't go there ... ha!
10. True. If you know me well at all ... you KNOW I like to smell things ... and actually I think I have a pretty good smeller ... I can smell a drink without tasting it and tell you what kind it is. That's probably no big deal, thus the reason it's listed here with "unimportant things about me".
(thanks Allison for my really cool sign picture that you found for me - I love it!!!)thanks for participating in the fun ... I've enjoyed reading "other bloggers" who are participating ...
happy day ... tammy
2 comments:
So... I was right! It was number 6.... I know I've known you close to 20 years and we've only rode 1 roller coaster together and that was a kiddie one! I've never known you to ride a roller coaster except that one!
I rode them alot as a kid, but not that much as I got older ... Goofy Acres at Disney World about did me in a couple of years ago! ha!
Post a Comment