Saturday, April 12, 2008

Three Years ...

Today is a special day ...


Three years ago today, LeAnna had open heart surgery ...
Her "window" was closed.


Yep ... I still remember ... and reflect how far we've come in three years. LeAnna is doing GREAT! And we are SO blessed and thankful that all is well.

She continues to have annual check-ups and will for the rest of her life. Her last check-up was a great report ... and we are just so thankful.


Throughout the day today, I've stopped and had "thoughts" of our day three years ago ...


it was a very scary day ... one of anticipation ... and waiting ... hoping and praying.
I also remember the day sort of "floating" by ... we know it was the prayers of our family and friends that was carrying us through that tough day.


I try SO hard not to think about what actually happened that day, but to reflect on the "result" of that day ...

Thank God we had such special people that were there that day with us ... and I have thought about those people throughout the day today ... and how thankful we are for family and friends.

I've had a rather busy day ... this was Kindergarten Graduation Portrait weekend ... and I'm just finishing up ... so that's kept my mind really occupied ...

but ... my thoughts still drifted to "that day".

I'm so glad it's all over and that we chose to do it when we did .... she still remembers alot about it ... and will ask questions here and there ... and will want to know why they fixed her heart.


She knows she is a special girl and has a special heart ... and we are so grateful for our LeAnna Rachel ...



LeAnna and Dr. Christian ... her surgeon





happy day ... tammy

2 comments:

Renee Camacho said...

We're so very grateful to God that he kept his hand not only on LeAnna during her surgery, but he also kept a hand of peace on you both DURING the surgery and afterwards. I'm so very thankful for that with you!

Allison said...

Praise the Lord!