Good Morning ...
Today was LeAnna's first day of school ... well ... it's a pre-K program ... a new class designed for kids in her predicament ... turning 5 soon after the metro cut off date (September 30th) ... she missed it by 10 days ... and this particular preschool designed a class with children like her in mind. So all the children in the class are about the same age ... they will be doing "kindergarten" type stuff ... and from what I understand ... some word recognition and maybe even learning to read this year!
She is SO excited about school .... Mommy and Daddy are SO excited that she is SO excited!
Whew! Turn around from a few months ago!
She did GREAT this morning ... she was all "smiles" to be there!
We got back late last night from our trip ... (which I will blog about later) ... had a great time!
About an hour from home, we got a phone call from Mom ... she had locked her keys in her car accidentally at Sylvia's house .... so we went straight to her house ... tried looking for the extra key ... couldn't find it ... went and picked her up and brought her home for "her" to find it! (Which she did) ... but instead of taking her back over there last night ... LeAnna and I picked her up on the way to school this morning ...
So ... Nana got to go with us to take LeAnna on her first day of school! LeAnna was SO excited for Nana to go in and see her room ...
She did so good ... and I had no problem leaving!
After we left ... I asked Nana about my first day of school .... I asked if it was "hectic" ... if she was running behind ... about my picture on the front porch ...
She said it was very hectic .... at the time, she was keeping children in our home and they were all arriving and it was busy around there! She did manage to get a picture of me on the front porch before I left with my Daddy for school .... My Dad was very insistent on taking me by himself! Which left my Mom at home alone with all those kids! She was sad!
SO ... I was SO excited that she got to go with us this morning ... and experience LeAnna's first day!
Even though she locked her keys in the car ... you can always find some "good" in every situation!
YES .... I feel the "nostalgia" coming on ... I'm sure I'll be journaling about it this week!
At this moment ... I feel like I have a million things to do ... and I must pick LeAnna up in just a bit ... she's only at school 1/2 day today!
I will blog about the trip later ...
Happy, Happy Day .... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment