Good Morning ...
After taking LeAnna to school this morning ... I decided to stop by Bojangles, get some breakfast (that someone else fixed) and sit quietly and read a book ... even if for just 20 mintues before heading home to start work.
So ... I place my order ... ran into someone I knew (wouldn't you know it?... the morning that you throw clothes on, pull your hair back ... only presentable enough that people don't stop and stare ... you know the kind of morning right?) ... anyhoo ... oh well ...
I sit down ... and there are two gentleman two tables down having a discussion that I can tell is a "Monday Morning, I've been with the wife and kids all weekend" type of discussion ...
yikes ...
Do men really go to work and have such conversation?! ha!
It was too funny ... and I couldn't help but over hear some of the conversation ... all the while trying to "get into" my book on my quiet morning where someone "cooked" just for me!
Oh well ...
Bless their hearts ... I just think it's funny ... when I was in a "public work environment" and not at home working ... I was VERY used to all the "women" coming in giving their two cents about their weekend ... ha!
Oh well ... I hope whoever "she is" ... that she gets on the ball ... and stops nagging him ... and keeps the house clean ... and everything is perfect when he arrives home ... with slippers and newspaper in her hand to greet him with a 12 course meal on the table ... and that the kids would keep their rooms clean and that they leave him alone while he watches his favorite tv programs tonight! Goodness ... what could this woman be thinking?! Heaven help us ... what is this world coming to?!
ha!
That dude needs to wake up and smells some SERIOUS coffee!!!
While I was sitting there ... I couldn't help but snicker a bit ... thinking ... she's probably on the phone right now, or with a friend saying the same things!
I wanted to walk over to the table, have a seat and say ... "hey guys, you need a woman's perspective in this conversation" ... =)
But whether they know it or not ... I guess they just need to talk it out (like we get blamed for wanting to do) and then they'll be fine by the time they get home.
Whew ... okay ... off that box ... on to another ...
Happy Autumn!!!! Saturday was the first day of Autumn ... and I'm LOVING it!!!! As I've said before ... it is my ultimate favorite time of year.
I guess I better get busy ... happy day as I leave you with this ...
1 comment:
That is too funny!!!! Sometimes I get drawn into other people's conversation and it's fun to wonder about their lives. I am not brave enough to sit in a restaurant by myself though! Go you!
Post a Comment