Not like me to not post in 5 days! But ... it does tell how busy I've been I guess ... lots of "catch up" ....
Thursday ... Granny picked LeAnna up from school and they spent the day together ... I got a phone call a few hours later with a little girl crying on the other end ... she felt like her filling came out and she swallowed it ... after the investigation of Granny and Papaw and a phone call to Mommy, it was determined that something did indeed happen and I called the Dentist! So we made an appointment to be seen ...
Friday ... went to the dentist (got to leave school an hour early) ... would have been REALLY exciting if we hadn't of been heading to the dentist! For all we knew, if it was bad enough, they would "fix it" ... which is not very simple in our case ... we have to do the whole antibiotic regimen even if it's just a cleaning ...
SO ... after an hour of waiting (standing room only), I think they must have felt a bit guilty at tee-time on one of their days off, so they overbooked Friday! ha! Oh well ... whatever the case ... when we finally went back, we were with the dentist a total of 1 minute and 45 seconds ... long enough for him to put on gloves, put the light in her mouth, and look up at me and say ... "Well, a piece broke off but did not disturb the filling" and then LOTS of apologies for having to wait all that time just for that! Needless to say ... she was MORE than happy as we walked out the door ... I was even happier than "MORE" when I found out there was no charge! (our insurance doesn't cover dental - so we pay cash for EVERYTHING) -ugh!
Yea!
Then some shopping and home to get ready for a "back to school bash" we had Friday evening for LeAnna and her friends!
They had SO much fun!
The boys went home after the party and the girls had a sleepover ... they had SO much fun playing!!!
Saturday ... worked all day on the computer ... clients, getting ready for our cook-off on Sunday, etc ... and then to the church to set up ... and then had our friends, the Shoulders', over Saturday evening for dinner ...
Sunday ... was our cook-off to benefit the Sunday School department ... Nate decided to enter a dish! And to "prove" that his dish was legit and he did it "all by himself" ... he videoed himself making his "Pork Tenderloin" ... he was up at 6:30am preparing his dish ... and my Mom came over to "watch" and "coach" ... =)
Nate was VERY surprised when his Pork Tenderloin won 1st place in the Main Dish category ... but not only that ..... he won 1st Place OVERALL the entire competition!!! Talk about excited!?!?!??! Mere words cannot express ...
Yesterday and today ... he has been asking, "Who won the cook-off?" ha!
Proud of him ... he did real good!
NOW ... he gets to fix supper!!!! =)
I'll give him 1st place ribbons every night he cooks supper if he'll do it! =)
Today was LeAnna's first full day of school! We realized at 9pm last night that she had to have a kindermat for rest time today ... So that involved a Walmart trip late last night!
I had a doctor's appointment today, so Daddy had lunch with her for her first day ... we found out that the kindergartner's get to "choose" their own food in the line ... SO ... we felt it best to help make healthy choices at least the first day or two ... =) Yikes!
Her first full day was very exciting ... she did the library and P.E. ... they also introduced "seat learning" ... which she explained is "when the teacher stands up in front of the class and we sit in our chairs and Ms. Green asks us questions and we write the answers on our paper ..."
So ... I looked at her work which they sent home today from "seat learning" ... The first page they asked her name ... she wrote "LeAnna" ... then asked what letter does your name start with ... she wrote "L" ... then asked what her favorite thing was ... she wrote "S..." (she said she couldn't spell school yet!) ... but hey ... I give her an E for Effort! =)
She has a substantial amount of homework that was given out today ... it is given out every Monday and must be returned by the next Monday ... I think I like this ... that way, we have a week to plan which days might be best to work on it.
So ... that's my "catch up" ...
Happy day ... tammy
2 comments:
Wow - you have been busy. I've been checking for updates. I'm proud of Nathan for the cookoff prize. I didn't know he had it in him. No more excuses, huh? Sounds like LeAnna is really enjoying her school, and you're getting settled in the new routine. Glad things are going well. Still would love to see your pictures from Hilton Head.
Talk to you later.
Eddie
I must admit the pork was INCREDIBLE! I loved it! Good job Nate!
Post a Comment