Monday, August 13, 2007

My First Day Of School ...




We made it ...
I was up until 2am ...
silly me ...
Finally took a Benedryl!
Oh well ...
She was ready to go this morning! First day! Big day!
All was well until it was time for me to walk out of the room ... Nathan was already out in the hall waiting ... I teared up while giving her a hug ... then she realized I was "leaving" ... she had to have 3 hugs (like, walk away and come back kind of hugs) and then I finally pulled away and walked out!
OH my ...
I did okay though ... we went to "Vetters Cafe" and bought a lunch card, checked out the food ... and then left ... we saw some friends of ours that we know, Jerry and Allison Barlar ... their son, Jaden is in the 1st grade there ... it helped to talk with them on the way out ...
I left there and went to Bojangles! ha! I don't normally eat a big breakfast ... THIS MORNING ... I had biscuit and gravy, eggs, bacon and a LARGE diet drink!
ha!
Then ... back in line to pick her up at 11am ...
She was so excited when I picked her up ... she jumped in my arms and I carried her most of the way to the car!
I started asking her a million questions "of course" ... and found out that she said "hi" once to someone ... and that they colored, played on the playground, learned the "rules", did art, and read a book.
She said she LOVED her "locker" cubby and her new teacher ...
Whew! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be ...
I'm good now ... just had to get through this one day!
Oh well ... onward we go!
already had our "first pic" ... my studio was set up for a client yesterday
Happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

She looks adorable!
So glad it is going well with school.