Who am I?
How did I get here?
What am I doing?
... just questions I frequently ask myself ... and "lately" on a daily basis! ... ha!
So ... busy weekend ... had a session Sunday that took over 5 1/2 hours ... a bridal session ...
it's not just "snap a picture" ... a bridal session is very detailed and you want it just right ... it is one of those "once in a lifetime moments" ... that the "paying" client is depending on you to do the job they paid you for ... yes ... tedious ...
but ... tedious ... pays off ... and beautiful bride, beautiful moments, beautiful pictures ...
So ... yesterday ... LeAnna's afternoon was not too kind to her ...
first ... we were heading outside to wait for Cody ... Cody (our little buddy, who is achieving his pilots license) was "solo-ing" yesterday and called to say "I'm getting ready to do a fly-by" ... so I went outside to "wait" and hopefully catch a picture or two of him!
LeAnna decides to go out too ...
When she comes home from school ... off comes the uniform and she plays "dress up" ... well ... yesterday she chose a red/white skirt (like 2 years ago it fit) ... a brown and pink shirt ... and green, wedge hill clogs (that she quit wearing a year ago) ... I think she's trying to start a "new trend" or something ... anyhoo ... out the front door she comes and she trips down the first step in her precious little shoes! Fell forward, and rolled down the front porch steps, landing on her head! Oh my ... LOTS of tears, a few scrapes, etc ...
So I got her settled down, made sure all was well ... and then Cody flew over!

How fun is that?!
THEN ... she decides to go get in our bed ...
She "says" she wasn't jumping or nothing ... but she "tripped" off the bed, landed against the window and then fell and her side hit the air vent!
Oh My "again" ... this boo-boo was much worse ... her whole side was red and she now has an "air vent wound" and the "stripes" (from the vent) to prove it!
Bless her heart ...
I looked at her and said ... you just need to go to bed - I'm afraid you're going to kill yourself!
Yikes!
Anyhoo ...
Then ... today ... I was cleaning the kitchen and noticed a backpack hanging in "it's spot" ... which means ... LeAnna didn't take her backpack to school ...
BUT ... she left with one this morning ...
Hmmm ...
Then ... realized ... Daddy handed her the backpack with "dirty clothes" from her stay at Granny and Papaw's on Sunday!!!
So ... had to make a trip to school to "trade out"!
Oh well ... I got to see my LeAnna bug! The problem was ... she didn't want me to leave when she saw me! Yikes! ... she even said, "I wish you were my teacher, so you could stay with me" ...
Not fun leaving her like that ...
We've got family coming in tomorrow ... picking them up at the airport in the morning ... we are getting ready for our annual family reunion in Gatlinburg ... we leave Friday. We've been meeting for like 30 years or so in Gatlinburg ... I was just a little bit older than LeAnna when we started meeting ... This will be our 2nd time to meet without Mama Neely ... we all miss her so much!
Janel and I had a Sunday School planning session this evening ... got a lot accomplished ... but now I'm very tired ... and oh ... by the by ... Nate fixed his famous "pork tenderloin" winning dish for dinner ... I made all the sides, bread and dessert ... but isn't it funny how when the man just does the meat, they get all the credit for "the meal"?
hmmm ...
Happy day ... tammy
1 comment:
Hey, Tammy.
Your life always sounds so crazy! I get a kick out of reading about it. Sounds like LeAnna is really enjoying school, and you get a chance to take care of some other things. Pretty cool about catching the plane flying by. Hope you guys have a good trip this weekend.
Eddie
Post a Comment