Friday, August 24, 2007

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes ...

Howdy ...

Well ... busy week ... once again ...

Oh well ... that's the way it is sometimes ...

Went to the doc on Monday ... diabetic appointment ... blood tests showed very low iron, to the point of being anemic right now ... and thyroid is messed up ...

SO ... on meds for that ... not fun ... anyhoo ...

Had lunch with LeAnna twice this week ...

SO funny ... the kids ... oh my ... and what comes out of their mouths!!!

So cute ...

One little girl across from us said ... "when I turn 25, I'm getting me a hamster!"

ha!

Obviously she's been told she has to wait until she's older to get a "hamster" ... (smile)

Then ... a little girl said, "did you know that chocolate milk comes from brown and white cows?"

ha!

love it!

Then ... today ... Nana was off work and we went to eat lunch with LeAnna ... we found out, that if you have "guests" to eat lunch with you, you get to choose a classmate to eat with you at a special table! She chose her new friend Mackenna ... (finally a friend - and she remembered her name!)

We went and sat at our special table ... the little girl is so cute ... she broke her finger right before school started on a staircase banister which required surgery ... so she's in a hot pink cast up to her elbow! LeAnna seems intrigued by this ... (that's probably why she chose her as a friend! ha! Just kidding!) Anyhoo ... her little friend LOVES to talk and is very polite and uses big words ... so we're sitting there and she's looking for something to say ... so she says:

We're having grandparents day at school ... my grandparents can't come ... they live in Michigan ... and my Dad's mom probably can't come, because she's in a wheelchair and it would be too hard for her to get in the building ... and ... and ... and ...

(all the while we're "hmmm'ing" ... and "awing" ... and "oh-ing", etc. in between her talking)

Then she said ... but my babysitters could be like my grandparents and they could come ...

I said ... "Oh that's a good idea - you should ask them" ...

And she said ... "Yes! I'm sure they would be delighted to attend"

ha!

Nana and I about fell over .... "delighted to attend" ... (smile)

This little girl is something!

We enjoyed our lunch ... and LeAnna was just sitting there staring at her and smiling the whole time!

OH well ... just glad she found a friend!

Hot DAZE I tell you! I say that - because this heat just about puts you into a daze!

A little boy at school (which happens to be our friends little boy) got heat exhaustion yesterday at school! The school nurse called for his parents to come and get him ... and he was only outside for 10 minutes!!! Oh My Goodness!!!!

It's just horrible!!!!

They finally decided the kids could stay in the building until they were called to come out to load up ... at least they're not out in this heat for 20 minutes or so waiting to be picked up!

Whew!

Hopefully next week will be better!

Well ... I must say ... I am TOTALLY in the "Autumn Mood"!!!! I've been adding to my collection of decor and I'm about ready to start decorating ... I absolutely love it! It's my favorite time of the year!

I'll have to do some pics when I get decorated ...

Stay COOL!

tammy

No comments: