This blog was created 19 months ago, as a journal of "our happenings - our moments" and printed for LeAnna to have for years to come ... so it goes without saying ... that this particular journal entry had to be done ... it is a letter to LeAnna from me on this special day - her first day of Kindergarten. Yes ... it is with tears and frequent moments of "pause" just to type this. It has been a very emotional day for me ... and I'm praying to get through it! (smile)

LeAnna …
It seems like yesterday you were born … I’ll never forget it … we waited SO long for you … and then … you were finally here … finally ours … all ours …
I have loved every minute of our time together … I am so thankful I was able to be at home with you during your “baby years” … I would not trade that for anything! God’s timing is always “right on time” … and if you had come to us any earlier, there’s a great possibility that I would not have been able to stay at home with you, and for that I’m VERY thankful.
I take great pleasure in every moment spent with you … you make me laugh SO hard sometimes … just watching your little personality evolve into this beautiful little girl has been an amazing opportunity for me that I don’t take for granted.
We’ve shared so many special moments … that have made up your first 5 ½ years … the laughter, the crying, the pain, the joy … all of it together has made us “grow up together”.
I love “our bond” that we share … I feel so close to you … I’m in hopes that our relationship remains this way for the rest of our lives.
There have been so many days when I just didn’t think “I could make it” … and you in your innocent little ways always had an arm, a hand, a shoulder, a hug or kiss that made it “all okay”.
Today is hard for Mommy … I’m having to “loosen my grip” on some of those strings …
I pray that I have said enough, taught enough, prayed enough, loved enough, disciplined enough, and planted enough seeds, to help you develop even more in this next phase of your life.
This chapter is now complete … your “baby years” … it’s now time to turn the page …
… and it’s the turning that is SO hard for me.
I know I have to let go “a little” …
I want you to know that Mommy loves you so much and will ALWAYS be here for you … no matter what.
There will be days when you don’t know what to do next … where to turn … where to go … or who to trust … No matter what … Mommy and Daddy are here for you and we love you with our whole hearts.
Always remember to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding … in all your ways trust in Him and He will direct your path”.
This day … you begin your “new adventure” … Kindergarten … and for the next 13 years, it will be “proving ground” as you develop that will mold you and lead you into adulthood.
It seems like yesterday you were born … I’ll never forget it … we waited SO long for you … and then … you were finally here … finally ours … all ours …
I have loved every minute of our time together … I am so thankful I was able to be at home with you during your “baby years” … I would not trade that for anything! God’s timing is always “right on time” … and if you had come to us any earlier, there’s a great possibility that I would not have been able to stay at home with you, and for that I’m VERY thankful.
I take great pleasure in every moment spent with you … you make me laugh SO hard sometimes … just watching your little personality evolve into this beautiful little girl has been an amazing opportunity for me that I don’t take for granted.
We’ve shared so many special moments … that have made up your first 5 ½ years … the laughter, the crying, the pain, the joy … all of it together has made us “grow up together”.
I love “our bond” that we share … I feel so close to you … I’m in hopes that our relationship remains this way for the rest of our lives.
There have been so many days when I just didn’t think “I could make it” … and you in your innocent little ways always had an arm, a hand, a shoulder, a hug or kiss that made it “all okay”.
Today is hard for Mommy … I’m having to “loosen my grip” on some of those strings …
I pray that I have said enough, taught enough, prayed enough, loved enough, disciplined enough, and planted enough seeds, to help you develop even more in this next phase of your life.
This chapter is now complete … your “baby years” … it’s now time to turn the page …
… and it’s the turning that is SO hard for me.
I know I have to let go “a little” …
I want you to know that Mommy loves you so much and will ALWAYS be here for you … no matter what.
There will be days when you don’t know what to do next … where to turn … where to go … or who to trust … No matter what … Mommy and Daddy are here for you and we love you with our whole hearts.
Always remember to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding … in all your ways trust in Him and He will direct your path”.
This day … you begin your “new adventure” … Kindergarten … and for the next 13 years, it will be “proving ground” as you develop that will mold you and lead you into adulthood.
You can do anything you put your mind to ... always believe in yourself and always remember to treat everyone else the way you would want to be treated.
I am so proud of you … you are our miracle baby, our miracle toddler and now it’s time to begin your journey of purpose. You are here for a reason and I’m so glad to be a special part of your “purpose in life”.
You will “however” – always be “Momma’s baby girl”.
I love you forever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment