Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness ...

Wow ... I made it to Saturday!


I've never been so glad to clip something off my wrist! We had to wear this bracelet thing for the convention and it couldn't be taken off ... I felt like I was admitted to a hospital for the last 4 days! Argh!


Anyhoo ... in the middle of all the Shaklee convention stuff ... we had orientation at school on Thursday evening ... it was neat to "meet the teacher" ...


I have to admit ... at first I wasn't too happy ... the teacher is very young ... was just hired this last Monday and has never done Kindergarten before now ... her first job out of college was preschool for 1 year and then got hired by NCS last week ... but the more she talked, the longer we were there ... AND after talking to a friend whose child attends there as well ... I felt better about it ... SO ... I sat in LeAnna's little seat at her table, which already had her name labeled in her spot ... and I got to "see" where my child would be seeing and learning from for the next year ...




I have to admit, that when we walked into the room - it was a bit much and when it came time to shake the teachers hand and introduce ourselves, all I could screech out was "my name is Tammy (with an almost silent "y") from choking back the tears!
Oh my ... NOT now! Straighten yourself up! Not a good time for this! Save it for Monday! ha! Woe be unto Monday!
Anyhoo ... THEN ... we went to register on Friday morning ... LeAnna was SO excited! I wanted to dress her all up, curl her hair, etc. ... what did she want? A head band! No curls today Mom!
OH well ...
So ... we took our time registering ... meeting the teacher ... going around to each booth and signing up for different activities, getting info, etc ...
LeAnna was SO excited with her classroom and her "locker" ... which they refer to as a "cubby" ...
She was so shy, but I was able to get a picture of her and her new teacher ...
we went around the room distributing the list of items we were required to bring in ... and she was just SO excited!
When LeAnna was putting on her clothes Friday morning to go to registration ... she stopped and said ... "I feel so grown up" .... Which only made ME feel worse! It's inevitable ... I know ... but ... Oh well ...



(this was her goofy look - from being "so excited" to see her new class!)


So then ... later, back home ... she says ... "I'm going to enjoy my locker, but I might cry for you Mommy" ...
Oh no ... here we go ... she has been pretty clingy this last week ... and I felt like preschool helped SO much in getting her prepared for "real school" ...
hmmm ... we'll see!
So ... I guess we're ready for Monday ...
Today ... finished up the Shaklee convention ... I absolutely loved the last session today ... it was motivational speaker "Chris Gardner" - the guy that the movie, "The Pursuit of Happyness" was written about .... VERY interesting, very moving ... not a dry eye in the place - the arena was full downtown ... he gave his "story" ... and told what "really happened" aside from the movie ... for the most part, the movie was pretty accurate, but they had to change a few things for "movie's sake" I guess! Anyhoo ... I purchased a signed copy of his book and the CD of his story ... and of course ... a t-shirt!


Anyhoo ... felt very inspired afterwards!


So ... have several things to do for church tomorrow and then have a client tomorrow afternoon ... PLUS mentally and physically get ready for school on Monday ... =)


happy day ... tammy

No comments: