Ummm .... Hello ....
(that's how LeAnna begins our voice mail message, which was recorded two years ago) ... can't bring myself to delete it and record another one!
Yesterday started out WONDERFUL ...
I was in a bit of a hurry to get to the airport to pick up my family ... so I jumped in the shower ...
You know the soap instructions on the bottle says, "Lather, rinse and repeat"?...
Hmmm ... well ...
I got to "lather" ... and then ...
the water shut off!
My first thought was ... "did we pay the bill?"
My second thought was ... "it will come back on in a minute" ...
My third thought was ... "this is ridiculous ... what do I do?"
So after standing there ... like a dummy - turning the faucet on and off, like it might produce "some" water ... maybe enough to rinse a bit ... I finally gave up ...
And dried the soap off with a towel!
Okay ... I know ... too much info ...
But you know? What's a girl to do?!
Thank goodness I had not got my hair wet yet!
I think they are doing some repair work in the area and had to cut off the water ... they've done it several days this week ...
Guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!
Today was picture day at school ...
Got up early to roll LeAnna's hair ...
Hmmm ...
She was not a happy camper ... she wanted straight hair with a headband OR a ponytail ...
So we made a deal ... she could wear a headband if she let me curl her hair ...
She was happy with that!
THEN .. after the curls had been applied, she put in her headband, ran to the mirror and then came back and said ... "I don't think so" ...
So ... we re fixed it ...
Daddy ... all the while is like ... "does this really matter?"
Ahhh ... yeah ... it's her "first" official school picture ... that will go into the annual ...
again ... "does it really matter?"
oh well ... Mommy took her own picture this morning!

So ... they got to school two minutes late ... oops! No tardy though ... =) They lock the door if you're too late and you have to go through the office and report in as Tardy ...
LeAnna was "Monkey of the Week" at school this week ... and they sent home a note for us to have lunch with her this week sometime ... so today worked out best and we took my Aunt Betty and cousin Nena ... LeAnna was SO excited! We get to sit at a special table when guests come and she gets to choose a classmate to eat with her ...
About three different kids come up to us wanting us to "pick them" ... I would just say, "you have to talk to LeAnna" ...
Well ... after last week ... LeAnna didn't get in a word edgewise because of her little friend she chose to eat with us ...
So when the lunch room monitor asked who her friend was going to be ... she thought a minute and then said ... "no one!"
ha!
She wanted the full attention of her guests today!
too funny ...
We're leaving for Gatlinburg tomorrow ... LeAnna helped me pack this evening ... she is so excited!
Another year, come and gone ... it passes so fast from year to year ... and I remember so clearly attending family reunion just a few years older than LeAnna ...
We'll be gone until Tuesday evening ...
Nate is not going with us this year ... his parents are on a cruise in Alaska and he has obligations at church ... So ... it's just me and LeAnna ... I'm sure we'll have a good time, but it won't be the same without Nate there ...
Happy "Labor" Day weekend! ... tammy
2 comments:
LOVE the picture!!!!
I am cracking up over your "lather" incident. So are you saying you lather your hair up without getting it wet first??? Okkkaayyyyee. I always get it wet, lather, rinse, condition. Hmmm.....
Be safe on your trip!
Silly girl ... you're so funny ... no, you must wet before "lather" happens ... =) That was just a quote from the bottle ... =)
Post a Comment