Today LeAnna had her first piano lesson.
I think Nathan and I were more excited than she was! (grin)
We both went to take her!
We sat in chairs right outside the music room and listened ...
Nate made the comment ... 'this is how it should be'.
We both LOVE music ... and we're so glad she loves music as much as she does!
After the lesson ... we spoke with the teacher ... he said she did very well, beyond what he expected on how she "caught on" and seemed to understand ...
She learned two songs ... by note ... which is her homework to practice until next week!
The cutest thing she said was (later, after we left) ... "I haven't learned the words yet ... I need to learn the words ... I can only play it right now".
She is so used to just "singing" ... that playing it "too" is new!
Too much fun ...
Another nice "first" ... and we all enjoyed it together ...
But ... MAN ... she's getting big! Crazy growth the last few months! I think this is her biggest growth spurt yet! Several people have commented to us about how much she's grown just since the beginning of the year ...
She's growing up ...
Uh-oh ... here I go ... pulling on those "strings" again ... so hard to let go.
I photographed a wedding today ... the groom was home on leave from Iraq ... and must return in two weeks ... beautiful bride, beautiful day ... thank GOD the rain held off so we could get some pictures outside ... the home was beautiful ... very old ... and was happy we could take advantage of the "scenery"!
It's been a LONG day ... it started VERY early ... and it's ending VERY late!
One more funny I just thought of ... LeAnna "learned" on our trip to the family reunion ... that she was "born on her birthday" ... this was amazing to her ... and I didn't have the heart to explain and burst her bubble! ... ha! She was telling everyone ... "did you know that I was born on my birthday?"
Imagine the look on the faces of the ones she informed! =) Cousin Nena helped her come to this realization ... (grin)
Happy Day ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment