Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering ...



I remember ... I was laying on the couch, propped up ... almost 7 months pregnant ... I was scared I would go into labor that day, I was so upset!

I did, however, go into labor exactly one month later ... LeAnna Rachel was born on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - five weeks early ...!!!!!!

WOW!!! Hard to believe it's been six years!

I am silenced this morning in my reflection of this horrific day six years ago today ... It was more like a movie than real life! And at the moment ... who knew what was going to happen next ... I remember us going to church to pray that night ... what a SAD day for our nation.

It literally makes me sick at my stomach to think about what really happened that day ... to SO many people ... and the families and friends that it affected!

God Bless Our Nation ... Please ... A nation that at one moment ... seemed to turn their face toward You ... in an effort to cry out for help because of what had happened on 9/11 ... but then it seemed after awhile, it turned against You even worse than before this event! I know I can't repent and apologize for everyone else, but I wish I could ... It's every man for himself ... and I know that we have to accept the responsibility of our own actions. But how could a person allow themselves to believe such beliefs that would cause them to end up in this kind of shape? Oh, wait a minute ... I know ... they've forgotten who You are and they've turned away from You! God forgive us ... bless those families, STILL mourning even today at this very moment. Give them peace, since understanding is not possible until they are with You. Bless our leaders and our nation, bless our families and our homes. May we never take for granted our freedom. We ask this in Jesus' name ... Amen.

tammy

No comments: