It's afternoons like today's that make it worth it all ...
I did not have a very good day today ...
one thing or another ...
you know ... the stuff you can't blog about!
Anyhoo ...
I had to meet a client this afternoon with her wedding pictures ...
She wanted to meet me at a Starbucks in between our homes ... she's in Hendersonville, I'm in Bellevue ... SO ... we came up with a "middle" solution.
She is the most pleasant person to be around anyway ... so I knew my time with her would be well spent.
I got there a bit early and placed an order for my "fav" ... black tea, iced, with a shot of "syrup" and 3 equal (I know - I know, but got to have some balance somewhere!) ha!
anyhoo ...
she arrived and I wasn't really planning on staying long, just long enough to chat for a bit and give her pictures to her ...
She asked me to sit with her and wanted to know if I minded looking at all of the pictures with her ...
I didn't mind at all ... it was nice to get out for a minute with the morning I had ...
plus ...
I put "effort" into my work and it's always nice to know what people think about it.
I like to tell a story with my pictures, ... not that crazy about "just posed" shots ... so a lot of my work has an artsy feel to it ...
this is not for everyone ... so always anxious to "find out" ...
We had the best time ... sitting there and chatting about "her day" a little over two weeks ago ... her husband had to leave last week to go back to Iraq, so it's rough on her right now, being a new bride and the groom leaving a week later!
The hour we spent zoomed by ... she was so pleased with her pictures and being able to see "my perspective" of her wedding, since prior to today she only had "her perspective" ...
It made me so happy to be able to see the shock and surprise on her face of special moments that I was able to capture for her.
She told me that there were moments that I captured that she had always dreamed of having in the form of a picture on her wedding day ...
WOW!!!
Talk about making you feel good ... not only was she satisfied in what I had done for her, but I was satisfied that she was happy! (something you always worry about as a photographer - making the client happy!)
Now, I know how the "flower delivery guy" feels ... I once heard a story about a man who delivered flowers for a living ... when asked "why" he liked his job so much ... he said, "I get to make people happy every day, all day long, I see smiling faces and even get hugs at times!"
Like ... I could never work at the "complaint department" of a company! OH my ... after working there all day and hearing nothing but "negative" ... can you imagine, day in, day out like that?!
Woo-hoo ... you go Mr. Flower Delivery Man! Good for you! Mr. Flower Delivery man probably doesn't make as much money as the "I get to listen to your negativity all day" person at the complaint department... but hey ... he's loving his job and getting satisfaction out of it!
So ... anyhoo ... did me good to get out ... and was much more relaxed after my Starbucks tea and conversation with my new friend. Such a sweetheart.
Thanks God for the "Thanks I needed that" moments that you bless us with!
Happy day ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment