yesterday ... LeAnna was out of school for parent/teacher conference ... she spent the night at Granny's house on Tuesday night and spent the day with them on Wednesday.
Nate and I had our conference at 2pm ... I must admit I was a bit nervous ...
"to me" a parent/teacher conference at this age, pretty much shows reflection on "mom and dad" and home ... and you never know how your kids are when they are not with you ... so it was almost as if whatever she told us, would be a reflection of what we had done up to this point!
Ahhh ... yikes! If I broke out in hives, I would have at this meeting! I don't know why ... but who knows ... hormonal I guess ... anyhoo ...
the meeting went great ... LeAnna is doing very well and Ms. Green said she was academically ahead of where she is expected right now ... she also said that she was well behaved and did everything she was told and got along with the others well ... she said a few other things as well ... but the jest of it is ... we were very proud parents when we left the meeting.
Whew ... I for one was glad it was over ... it was almost like ... this meeting I felt reflected us ... but the future meetings? ... well ... she's on her own!
ha! ... no ... kidding ...
just weird for me ... i know ... i know ... I'm weird!
Moving right along ...
Today ...
was pajama day at school! Ms. Green has asked me to do pictures of the class on special days for the school annual ... so I made pictures of some VERY hyper kindergartners! LeAnna for one was just happy to "be in pink" for a change! She loves her school colors (blue, orange, and white) ... but a girl's gotta be in pink every once in a while "according to her"!
this is LeAnna hiding behind a favorite book
oh my ...
and then this is her class with fun faces!
so ... I was sitting in a chair next to the wall when this same little guy came up to me and said ... "wanna see what I learned to do in PE?" "sure" I said ...
so he backed up from me a bit and then jumped in the air and made his shoe fly off and slam against the wall right beside me! Okay ... well ... hmmm ... time for me to go now! ha!
Poor Ms. Green ...
I have to go back tomorrow for "Spirit Day" ... Homecoming is tomorrow night - so this is to gear up for it! So - more pics tomorrow!Nate took us to the Copper Kettle for dinner tonight ... VERY good ... it's a little meat & 3 across from David Lipscomb College .... very, very good food!
Nana went with us, and on the way ... LeAnna informed Nana about something she saw on Nana's couch while there today and told her what it was! Nana said, "that was supposed to be a surprise for your birthday" ... LeAnna said ... "well ... my eye just looked over into the bag and I couldn't help it!"
ha! oh well ...
Nothing like "home entertainment" ... =)
happy day ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment