
Hidee-Ho ...
Okay ... so ... another birthday is coming up for LeAnna!!!!
SIX Years old!!!!!
Man ... I've had the best time the last six years! I've made much effort to "make it count" as much as possible!
For SO long ... I wanted to be able to do the things I'm doing now ...
And ... for the first five birthdays - I put my all into "the parties" ... after last year, Nate said, "Okay - enough" ...
I said "okay" ...
BUT ...
I just can't help myself! =)
I did scale it WAY down ...
There is a family party on her actual birthday (the 11th) ... she wants to go to Tequila's ... (ha) It's a Mexican "locale" for us! and then we'll come back home for birthday cake and presents ...
AND ... her birthday party for "the girls" is on the 5th ... it's a "Spa Party" and sleepover ... they'll be getting manicures, pedicures, facials, making their own lip gloss, lotion, etc.! I bought robes for all of them and having them monogrammed and I'm in the process of making spa shoes! ha!
It's not that big! =)
Oh well ... I can't help myself ... and I have just as much fun!
I'll have plenty of pictures to post - LeAnna is SO excited and she can't wait ... there have been several mornings in the recent past that she has said, "I wish today was my birthday or today was my party" ...
It'll be here soon enough! Just hope I have it all together! I ordered everything on line and it hasn't started arriving yet .... just a little bit nerve racking ... that's all ... still have to have the robes monogrammed ... BUT ... I still have over a week!!!! AAHHHHHH ....
It might end up being a "Calgon Party" ... and they'll have to "take me away" .... ha!
oh well ...
This last Monday evening was our quarterly Sunday School Staff Meeting ... and one of the "challenges" that was presented ... was to see who was up for a "challenge" ... just so happened, the two "men" teachers that were there ... were "suddenly" up for a challenge ...
So I had them sit on the floor across from each other ... and the happy homeowner (teacher, Renee) who welcomed us all into her home that evening ... who also was asked to "not fold" two loads of laundry that day, brought in two loads of fresh, even amount of laundry and set it before them ...
Their challenge was this ... the first person to "neatly" fold all of the laundry and place it back in the basket was the winner ...!
Imagine the excitement from all the ladies in the room who were watching the "men" do the laundry!
Too much fun and ... it was a nice way to say "Thanks Renee for opening up your home to us for our meeting - here's help with the house work!"
Thanks Marty and Brandon for being "up to the challenge"!
Well ... thoughts of 1,000,000 things to do are drifting back and forth through my head ...
So ...
Happy Day ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment