If anyone has "motivation" in the form of a pill or drink ... please let me know! Or better thought, a cookie would be better! ha!
I know it's Monday ... but that aside ... I just need some SERIOUS motivation this morning! I have done a few things around the house, done some laundry, and started working at the computer this morning ... hmmm ... but ... at least I'm "trying" to make myself do "something"!
Okay ... so ... Saturday, Mom and I took family to the airport and then decided that we NEEDED to go to Hobby Lobby since we were SO CLOSE ... in Hermitage ... =)
I went in to find a corner rounder cutter for pictures ...
Well ... I found it ...
AND ... also a few OTHER things that I felt necessary to purchase ... =)
ESPECIALLY since the sign above these items said "50% OFF" !!! OH yeah ... that's what I'm talking about ...
You know me ... lovin' a bargain!
THEN ... maybe because my Mom was with me ... (we'll use her as a good luck charm) ... I found this really cool clock! I love clocks! BUT ... it was the only one like it ... no price tag ... and the hands were messed up a bit ...
hmmm ...
what's a girl to do?
FIND a sales lady!!!
Found one ... a VERY young one ... which was good for me ... =)
So I began ... with only the slightest bit of dramatization in my voice ...
"Mam, could you please help me? ... I found this awesome clock ... but it has no price tag and there's not another one like it ... AND ... look at these hands ... they seem to be messed up a bit ... can you help me? I appreciate it SO much!!!" (heavy smiles, and a slight tilt of the cheek and eye)
She said ... "here, I'll help you ... I'll be right back ..."
She was back in a second ... with a sticker ... she stuck it on the clock and said ... "take this to the front and they'll give you another 50% off!"
WHAT?! Way SO cool!!!
I was SO happy ... I got this really cool clock, ... for my guest bathroom ... for
(drum roll please ....)
$12.00!
Yep!
Whoo-Hoo!!!!! Yipee!
I don't have a picture of it yet, because Nate just hasn't got around to hanging it yet ... oh well ...
I'll take some pics and post them another time.
THEN ...
got some "more" fall decor!!! Love it ...
Here's a pic of my dining room table ...
I also purchased some gourds ...
AND ... got some "fake" carvable pumpkins for the front porch ... I'll also have to do a picture of this later ... I got an idea from a book I read that said to carve out your address in a pumpkin!
SO ... 3 pumpkins later ... I thought it would be nifty to carve out each number on each pumpkin! 2- 0- 9 ... then ... I'm going to put battery operated tea lights in them ... (found out the pumpkins are flammable!) AND ... didn't want to do real pumpkins for three reasons ... bugs, a mess, and have to throw them away! So this way, next year, I can bring them out again, already carved!
yea!
BUT ... my favorite purchase was a couple of signs I found ...
Is this not the best?
Then I had to get this one too ... because ... having them hanging really close together sorta balances out the concept ... don't you think?!
ha!
OH well ...
They are propped up in their "spot" WAITING a hanging from Nate!
So ... guess I better get some "busy" about me ... I do have several things to do today ...
Today is LeAnna's first cheerleading practice .... the school is offering Jr. Cheerleading to the Elementary ... she is SO excited it is not even funny!
They are practicing today and getting measured for their uniform ... She has practice for 8 weeks ... All for "2 games, 1 pep rally, and parents day" ... oh and her picture made with the Varsity Cheerleaders!!!!
ha! ... OH well ... she's excited! ... And how fun is that, to give the opportunity to a Kindergartner!
Happy Day ... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment