Yesterday, metro schools were out ... so Kaitlyn and Zachary decided to have lunch with LeAnna at school ... She was SO excited to see them ... they had a good "fast" lunch, and then LeAnna turned on the tears ... oh my ... I guess she thought we were going to leave school and go have a party without her ...
Today ... I met my cousin (my dad's 1st cousin, my 2nd cousin) for lunch and some shopping ... I had a doctor's appointment this morning in Hermitage, so I met her at Providence in Mt. Juliet (she lives in Lebanon) ... we had a great time ... she also brought me some pictures of my Dad and his side of the family ... she found them while going through my great aunts house when she moved.
Thought I would share a few ...
Here's my daddy ... she gave me an 8x10 of it ... this was probably a Senior Picture ...Ernest Morgan Johnson, Jr - passed January 23, 1999

Here's my dad's parents ... "Granny and Granddaddy"
Thelma Mary Johnson - passed January 23, 1995
Ernest Morgan "Johnny" Johnson, Sr. - passed June 12, 2002

This is a picture of my Mom ... I'm assuming around the time of my Dad being overseas in the Airforce ...

AND ... one of the MANY family get togethers (we looked for reasons to get together) ... and you'll never guess who is jumping in the air in the top right of the picture!
yikes! ... this was like late 70's, or maybe even 1980 or 81 .... LOVING the wallpaper!!! ha!
I was not hyper at all ... (smile)

OH well ... brought back some nice memories today ...
I'm still amazed though ... that the whole family (mom, dad, and 4 kids (my dad being one of the 4 - are all dead now) ... is just a weird feeling for me, that I get all over again when I think about it this much! The whole family - gone! Poof! ...
Here's to making memories and then recollecting them ... tammy
2 comments:
I don't know how I get so far behind on your blog - you've done like 10 entries since I checked! Oops!
Love your Fall decor.
Love the pictures of your family - especially you jumping in the background. What a hoot!
Love seeing that pic of your Mom at your family reunion. I haven't seen her in years. I think I saw ya'll out at Walmart once and that was the last time.
Isn't it nice to finally be getting some cooler weather? You've made me want to dig out my Fall decorations. I have to clean first though - I never can decorate a messy house! See ya!
Wow! You are an identical replica of your grandma!! Its so weird!! I posted a new blog =) you should so check it out =)
Post a Comment