So I went to breakfast with Karla this morning ...
We were to meet at Cracker Barrel at 9:00am ...
FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE - I was early ...
Got there at 8:44!
So ... I'm seated ... to wait for her to arrive ...
I called her ... (here I am, the impatient one, who's usually the one "getting the call" ... and I'm making the call to see where she's at)
ha!
She just thought I would be running late - so she was taking her time ... =)
In the meantime ... it was like 1o minutes after 9am and I'm thinking ... something has happened to her ... what in the world?!
Found out ... she missed the exit at Harding and had to drive to Brentwood and turn around! ha! No biggie ... was just worried ...
Saying all this to make a point ...
Point being -
While I was waiting ... I ...
looked at the menu - extensively ... like ... I've never read the WHOLE breakfast menu - now I have ...
figured out what I wanted and laid the menu aside.
Now what?! ... hmmm ...
So ... I start looking around at each table ... and the "norm" in a restaurant is to glance around - enough to notice people physically sitting at the tables around me ... but that's about it!
Today, however ... I really noticed everybody ...
to the right of me ... two young guys, definitely in the music industry ... discussing "gigs", etc ...
to the right of me, in front of them ... a "boss" and two employees having a "meeting" (my kind of meeting) ... giving them instruction on upcoming events and giving the thumbs up sign on a job well done! (he was very loud)
to the left of me ... a couple with a new baby ... watching them interact and making sure "all was well" for the newborn
on the other side of them ... an older couple having breakfast together, reading the paper, drinking coffee .... sweet
in front of me ... the Mafia came in and set down ... (dressed like them anyway - looked like the guys from the Sopranos) ... never watched it, but seen the commercials ... anyhoo ... very serious looking and they kept glancing over the shoulders, etc ...
can't mention what was behind me ... didn't turn around often enough to capture that mental picture!
oh well ...
My summary of this 20 minutes or so of observation ...
- each little 4x4 foot of space was occupied by so many different walks of life ... so many different conversations ... all at once!
no telling, how many plans were made, plans were destroyed, songs were written (on napkins) that made huge hits, deals went down, new business ideas born, futures planned, new love restored, new love lost (because the date didn't show) ... ha! was beginning to feel that my date was a no-show ... =) .... happy people, sad people, depressed people, mentally challenged people ... the list could go on and on ...
So ... in other words ... my "word" was ... "thankful"! .... thankful that even though I have my own set of issues, I am thankful that I have a peace that maybe a lot of those people don't have ...
"thanks God for that small reminder today" ...
Anyhoo ... sometimes ... sitting and "thinking" in odd places ... I get these weird realizations ...
and it just so happened to be at Cracker Barrel today!
ha! oh well ... I know ... I'm weird ...
So ... after breakfast we checked out one of her favorite places ...

Haven't been to it since they moved from Green Hills ... they are located on Brandsford Ave. now in the Berry Hill area ... very cool place ... and sometimes you can really find good deals ...
take today for example ... I found an outfit for $12!
Yep ... this bargain bessie was very excited with her find!
So ... today ... another piano lesson ... LeAnna is doing very well ... the music teacher last week told Nate that he was very impressed with how quickly she was picking it up. Her homework this last week was a little heavy, but she did pretty good ... we've GOT to make a habit of practicing more often than we are ... I know that's a must ...
"Some people grumble because God placed thorns among roses; why not thank God for placing roses among thorns?"
Happy Day ... tammy
1 comment:
Great post!
I like to "people watch."
I knew that store was going to be on Bransford from that sign! It seems like a place that would be there! Cute!
Post a Comment