Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Day Of Aaahhhhh ...

our vacation is nearing its end ...

yesterday we did Magic Kingdom ... and if we had to do over ... we would have chosen Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM) ...

it was SO crowded ... you couldn't move without bumping into someone ... that was not fun .. at all ... and 90 minute waits for some of the rides ... yep ... not fun ...

it was hot ... and for 8 1/2 hours we trudged though people ... LeAnna's excitement level was just not where it was the first time or even the second time we came ...

yep ... wishing now that we had done Hollywood ...

oh well ... live and learn ... NEVER, I repeat NEVER go to Magic Kingdom during Spring Break week ... (and that's what the locals said!)

crazy ... oh well ...

I discovered a new treat there ... and I'm so excited about it and can't wait to find another one!

I am not one for just purchasing a Popsicle ... I don't make special efforts to do that ... but ... Edy's Strawberry bar ... Mmmm-good! It's a fat-free treat made with real strawberries ... oh my goodness ... good! and lots of real strawberries chocked throughout ... yep ... I liked it!

anyhoo ... today ... we stayed at the resort all day ... just relaxing ... LeAnna was excited because she took her life jacket off and actually swam about 6-8 feet at a time without it ... doing the doggie paddle! Woo-hoo! Every summer after the summer of open heart surgery, we have tried taking her to swimming lessons ... she would say, "let's do it at the end of summer" or "let's do it next summer" ... oh well ... she loves water, so I'm curious about the fear she has ... anyhoo ... it looks like we're making stride ... So I sat by the edge of the pool most of the day reading a book I brought with me (when do I ever get to do that?!) while LeAnna played just about all day in the water!

My favorite part of today was when Nate purchased us both massages this afternoon ... poolside ... under the cabanas ... Aahhhh ... oh my ... yep ... totally enjoyed myself! Full body massage and foot massage ... for only $25! Unheard of! And with the "real" sounds of water and tropical music playing ... wanted to take the whole scene and lady home with me! ha! Wouldn't it be nice to walk out into your backyard and see that whole scene with Palm trees, water, cabana with a massage lady in it?! Ahhhh ...

ha! anyhoo ... it's back to reality soon!


Tomorrow we check out (Thursday) ... not sure what all we're going to do ... but the plan is to go back to Sea World for our free day ... and then meet Mom, Aunt Betty and Nena for dinner ... then spend the night at their house ... and then we'll leave first thing Friday morning to head to Georgia ... where we'll stay the night and head home on Saturday ...

It takes FOREVER for vacation to FINALLY arrive ... and when it does ... it passes SO fast that before you know it, you're right back home again!

Thank God for "memories" and "reflection" ... I had some reflection myself at Magic Kingdom ... several places we went I remember having my picture made or seeing myself in pictures in that spot ... I'm going to see if Mom can help me find those pics when we get home ...


Well ... tomorrow is the last day of winter ... I would REALLY enjoy winter if it was like this at home during the winter! ha!

oh well ... it's a nice "break" to start out our Spring!

happy day ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Remember when we were at Disney World at the same time? I have a couple of pics of us but they're terrible quality. If you happen to have any with me in them, I'd love it if you'd scan them at a high dpi and send them to me.

I'm glad you're having such a delightful time!!! That massage sounds yummy. Be safe.