Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Have Stupidlexia ...

Once again ... my crazy life prevails ...


We've had dinner plans with a couple for a week now ... the plan was to meet either Monday or Tuesday evening ... to go over wedding plans, etc. for their upcoming wedding in the Fall ... Nathan is marrying them ... anyhoo ... we decided on Monday evening between 5:45-6:00p ...


then ... on Sunday I heard that Easter Choir Practice would take place every Monday night until Easter and it would start the next night ... so I sent the couple a text to ask if Tuesday would be okay ... sure ... not a problem ... they also stated they would get back with us on a place ... which they did ... and I also verified that the Logans we were to meet at was the Nashville West location ... the reply ... "yes" ...


So ... fast forward to last night ... I NEVER ... repeat NEVER take naps ... yesterday, however, got the best of me and I laid down for a bit ... only to wake up and see that it was 5:55 ... I said, "ok, I'll lay here 10 more minutes and then get up and get dressed ... that will be plenty of time to get there by 6:45-7p ...


The time was set in stone a week ago and I made Nate aware of the time when I verified that there were no other plans before confirming with the couple ...


... and I told him between 6:45-7p ...


yep ... I know ... I was off an hour ... stupid me ... I know I have tendencies to have a little dyslexia at times ... but dyslexia involves "inverting" things NOT backing up an entire hour!


anyhoo ...


I'm laying there (longer than 10 minutes) and the phone rings ... it's 6:20pm ...




here's the conversation:


her: Tammy?


me: yes


her: it's "name withheld to protect the innocent"


me: yes


her: are ya'll here?


me: what?


her: are you here already and we just can't see you


me: ahhh, what? (am I awake? dreaming?)


her: Tammy?


me: yes
her: This is "name withheld to protect the Innocent"


me: oh, hey (changing voice pattern to force me to sound as if I've been awake for hours)


her: are you here?


me: what time is it?


her: it's 6:20
me: oh, okay ... you are early ...


her: no, actually we didn't get here until 6p


me: wait ... you said between 6:45-7


her: no ... I said between 5:45-6


me: WHAT?! Oh MY GOODNESS ... we'll be there in 5-10 minutes ... I am SO sorry ... (still not telling her I was asleep) only that I got the time wrong ...


her: it's ok, we'll be here AT THE TABLE waiting ... (oh great! ... first meeting with them and this!)


me: ok ... I am so sorry ... we're on our way!!


OH MY GOODNESS ... immediate over-drive ... we're out the door in 10 minutes ...


We get there ... place is busy ... I told the hostess that we were looking for a couple already seated ... and of course, upon their advice ... we had to search the entire restaurant ... I hate this but it was necessity ...

so ... I searched the left half of the restaurant ... nada ... come back to the hostess desk and Nate and I together walk the right side of the restaurant ... nada ...


I decided to call ... here's the conversation:


her: hello


me: "name withheld to protect the innocent", we're here and we can't find you ...where are you guys sitting?


her: we're to the right of the restaurant when you come in ...


me: ok ... let's see ... well, I still don't see you ... try waving ...


her: ok ...


me: still don't see you ... stand up and wave ...


her: ok ...


me: do you see us?


her: no ... hold on ... where are you?


me: by the jukebox near the hostess desk


her: oh ok ... I'll walk there ...


me: ok ... wave too ... have "significant other" wave too ... maybe we'll see him (she's very small)


her: ok ... I don't see you


me: where are you?


her: I'm at the jukebox and you're not here ... wait, talk to "significant other"


me: ok ... hey "significant other" stand up and wave so we can see you


him: ok ...


me: are you waving?


him: yes ...


me: tell me EXACTLY where you're sitting and we'll walk to the spot and maybe we'll meet


(meantime ... manager is watching and listening and keeps saying "can I please help? WHO are you looking for?") ... I ignore him ... trying to visually have this conversation with significant other ...


him: ok ... we are near the bar, to the left of it, in the corner ...


me: ok ... (and we start walking there)


... nothing ... nada ... no one ...


me: wait ... where are you? you're at Nashville West right?


him: yes ...


me: this doesn't make sense!


him: we're on West End


ME : WHAT?!!?! (here's your sign) ... you're on West End?


him: yes ... where are you?


me: Nashville West ... Charlotte Pk ... you know ... the new shopping center ...


him: didn't know there was one there ... (it did just open last week - yack! ... oops)


me: oh my goodness ... this is crazy ...


(by this time we're back out in the parking lot, getting ready to head there ...)

him: look we've been here drinking tea for 45 minutes, we'll just pay for it and reschedule ...


... there is a long story about rescheduling ... so to make that long story short ... we decided that we would have to meet because of upcoming scheduling conflicts ...


they decide to come to Nashville West ...


so we went in and got a table and sat down ...


You will NEVER guess where they sat us ...


in the exact spot that the couple was describing where they were sitting on West End ...

Yep ... one crazy evening ... and one they'll, as well as us, will never forget!



Evening went great ... but we didn't finish dinner until a bit after 9p ...

... and that ... is just ... the "way it is" with most things in my life ... CRAZY!!!!



If it's going to happen ... most likely it will find it's way towards me ... and ... HAPPEN!


I've got a gazillion things to do today and tomorrow ... we leave for Spring Break vacation tomorrow evening ... and I'm not sure I'll be sleeping before then ... just trying to get it all done!



Whew ...



happy day ... tammy-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. What else could go wrong? Only with Tammy, huh? But I'm glad it had a good ending. Thanks for sharing.
Eddie