ok ... not sure I'm going to make it ... it's 1pm and I still have 1,000,000 things to do before we leave at 5:30pm ...
We are going to Orlando for 10 days for Spring Break ... happy ... happy ... however ... if I do NOT get all these things checked off my to-do list (mental and actual list) then I will NOT be happy on my vacation ... because I'll sit and think of all the things I didn't get done ...
I've already had a talk with myself this morning and finally came to terms that I will NOT get it all done and after prioritizing things, I'm actually ok if the things at the bottom of the list don't get done ...
but I wanted my house clean, all the clothes washed/laundry caught up ... fresh sheets on the bed (so when we come home it will be semi-fresh) ... everything straight ... emails sent, mail sent, cards mailed, clients squared away, staff meeting preparation that happens the day after we come back ... you know ... just the "stuff" that will drive me insane thinking about it if it's not done ...
so ... getting there ... but ... whew ... and yes, taking time to blog ... HA! however, multi-tasking with bloggin', lunch, straightening desk, making discs for family to take with us, etc. all at the same time ...
Anyhoo ... REALLY needing a break and excited about getting away ... but let me tell you ... trying to pack today ... has been difficult ... outside it's FREEZING ... sleeting, etc. and I'm mentally trying to pack for warm weather ... crazy for me ... I WANT to pack for warm weather ... but weird knowing it's so cold outside! oh well ...
so ... one dog is at the beauty shop getting spruced up for Granny and Papaw's house (Princess) and the other dog (Daisy) is getting ready to go to the doggie hotel ... interesting for both and all parties involved! (thanks Papaw and Granny for keeping Princess ... she's really not that high-maintenance! - ha!)
So ... off to make more check marks on my to-do-list ...
oh yeah ... had a reflective moment at Mom's a bit ago ... I had to run over there and get a few things for the trip and in looking for a particular book found my daily journal that I kept when I was prego with LeAnna ... 8 years ago tomorrow (March 13th) I found out I was pregnant ... wow! I read a few pages and MADE myself stop ... like I have NOTHING to do today but reflect! ha! Anyhoo ... maybe I'll take advantage of my "word" for this month on our trip ...
here's to warmer weather soon!
happy day ... tammy
1 comment:
All I have to say is do you need a Valium? I hope you and your family can enjoy your vacation. Maybe the warmer weather will have a calming effect on you.
Love you, have a good time,
Regina
Post a Comment