On Thursday evening, we went to my Aunt Judy and Uncle Dean's house for dinner ... it was a "going-away" dinner for my cousin, Billy Mullinax, who is returning to Iraq on Sunday ... for 15-18 months ...
It brought tears to my eyes, watching him with his baby, Taylor ... holding her, giving her a bottle, and listening to him say things like, "I sure hope she remembers me" ... oh my ... I can't even imagine ...
Mom made several DVD videos of them for keepsakes ... and for Taylor to watch in the coming months as a "reminder" of what Daddy looks like. Taylor had a rough start when she was born ... and has had several surgeries to repair ... with many more upcoming surgeries ... some of these are supposed to happen while Billy is away ... again ... wow ... gonna be hard!
I SO appreciate what he is doing ... for ME! And MY freedom! Giving up "his way of life" so that people like you and me can continue that "status"!
Thanks Billy!!! For "willingly" serving our country. Our prayers and thoughts are with you!
It was a nice dinner ... and afterwards, we all gathered around him and had a word of prayer ... for his protection ... for his immediate family that he was leaving ... and for his safe return.
One of the other cousins mentioned afterwards, to the group, "Man, this is so awesome ... I never hear my friends talk about doing stuff like this ... my family, gathering in prayer "as a family" ..." he was definitely touched ... as I think each person there was. Just knowing what I mentioned previously ... that he was doing this "for us"!
I have BIG plans for the rest of the day ...
NOTHING!!! ha!
So I must "get busy" doing just that! =)
Happy Saturday ... tammy
Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
No comments:
Post a Comment