Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Means Of Escape ...

It's Saturday ...



Trying to decide what to do first ...



I'm on a mission to find LeAnna's birth certificate and social security card ... oh boy ... yep ... definitely a mission!



I "think" it's in a box, still packed ... hopefully labeled properly ...



Anyhoo ... got to have it for school. They are requesting it in the next few days ... so ... along with her immunization record that still has to be picked up from the doctor's office - I've got to get moving!



Yesterday, I "finally" utilized my anniversary gift from Nate ... it was 1/2 day at Escape!

Escape is a very nice day spa, nestled in the heart of Belle Meade ... fairly new ... been there about a year and a half ... found out that the "owners" of Escape at "Spaces", is a husband/wife team who were photographers prior to opening up this day spa ... so this was very interesting to me.

Anyhoo ... loved it, loved it, loved it ... and did I mention that I loved it?!

Yep! Never been treated quite like this before ...

Okay ... so imagine ... the building is VERY modern ... it's actually the old McClures building (clothing store) so, walking through, I'm thinking ... "okay, over here were the purses, over there were the "I can't pay attention, they're so expensive" clothes ... and on and on ... so they direct me toward an elevator and told me to take it to the 1st floor ... well ... cool ... thought I was on the first floor ... =) So ... I step on the elevator and immediately my senses are filled with this incredible aroma ... "what is it?" ... hmmm ... a "teaser" of more to come? ... wow! I feel relaxed already! RRRIIIGGHHHTTTT ... gonna take more than that! Did I mention, that I was sunburned? And I'm there for a massage?! I'm barely standing my bra straps on my shoulders, much less a big "Olga" pouncing on them ... Okay ... not sure about this ... I honestly, tried to reschedule - until I found out that Nate would lose LOTS of money ... so ... no ... suffer ... definitely suffer through it ... and ENJOY this gift of love ...

Okay ... so I'm greeted by "Linda" when I stepped off the elevator ... she directs me to this dark room ... barely can see (I'm sure it was properly lit, I just literally can't see well) ... sits me in this leather chair (it reminded me of sitting down in a Cadillac - not really sure why - just my "first impression" of the chair ... anyhoo ...) ... she encourages me to remove my shoes and put down my purse ... sit down in the chair and lean back ... stick your feet in the water and RELAX ... "would you like some cucumber water?" WHAT?!!? Ah, no! so she said, "we have cucumber, orange or lemon water - which would you prefer?" ... I said, no thank you, none for now ... "trying to imagine what cucumber would taste like with my wintermint gum ... eek" ...

Then I said ... how can you see in here? It was so dark ... and she had one little blue light shining over my feet ... she said ... as long as I have this little light right here, I'll be okay ... you just enjoy yourself!

Alrighty then ...

So I sit, and place my feet in the water... aaahhhh ... this is feeling really good ... THEN she leaves the room and returns to place a towel around my neck and a hot neck roll with something in it ... it smells so good ... I think I must have been hungry because to "me" it smelled like oatmeal with a hint of cinnamon ... but when I asked her what was in it ... she said ... Roses! Okay ... way off there! Anyhoo ... smelled good anyway ... but I kept thinking ... "oatmeal roses?" ... as my mind was trying to "drift away" to another time and place ...

So ... NOW I'm starting to feel relaxed ... then she brings in some "cucumber water" and an organic treat anyway ... "just in case" ... because the cucumber water is the BEST she said ...

It sat there for a very long time! One hour and 45 minutes later ... yep ... dying ... it was SO good ... but I was thinking ... man - that cucumber water doesn't look so bad now ... so instead I grabbed the "treat" ... hmmm .. interesting ... but packed with stuff that required a drink ... so I did it ... tried the cucumber water ... oh my ... it was HORRIBLE ... oh my ... but the only resource available to get the "roughage" down that I had just partaken of! Eek ...

Then ... on to the relaxation room ... where she prepared hot tea and had me lay back on a couch ... there was a water fountain in the middle of the room, flowing so nicely ... and when I looked up, the ceiling was dark with twinkling lights - like I was laying outside by a babbling brook looking up into the evening sky on a warm summer evening ... THEN it was time for my massage ... whoo-hoo ... I slip into a robe and slippers and put my things into a locker, take the key with me and head into a room that has this huge sauna tub overflowing with water ... wow ...

I'm instructed to lay on the table beside the water ...

So she walks back in the room and asks, "do you prefer light, medium or hard pressure?" ...

hhmmm ... not sure what to say ... so I say ... I'm sunburned! ha!

She was very gentle ... and with that water running beside me? Let me tell you ... for the next hour or so ... all I remember is waking myself up with this weird little sound - ME SNORING!!!!!! HOW DUMB IS THAT?!?! How embarrassing!?:?!?!?!?! OH well ... I enjoyed it! Not sure if the massage therapist enjoyed it or not!? oh well ...

BUT ... when she was finished, she touched my arm and said, "take your time getting up" and I was like what?! (she had to repeat it!) OH my ... that's bad! hahahahaah! I was in a daze trying to get back to my locker to change back into my clothes! I'm surprised I didn't walk out of the place with "their" robe and slippers on! ha!

By the time I got to my van, I felt like limp spaghetti! I stumbled a few times getting to my car - hoping no one would notice, and if they did, maybe they would just assume I had the "Chardonnay Massage" ...!! ha! (which I found out that not only do they massage you in Chardonnay, you drink it at the same time) ... oh well ...

It was nice and was definitely needed! Wow! Thanks Nate!!!!


So ... it's back to reality from the "Escape" ... nice though ... to "escape" every once in a while!

Happy Saturday ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Okay I'm not even gonna ask how much that cost but it must have been a lot. I see that place advertised on tv all the time.

I have laughed so hard over your story that I almost busted something. It's hard to laugh quietly at a story like that but my girl is asleep!

You're a riot. I love your blog.