Sunday, June 17, 2007

Daddy Reflection ...

It's "officially" Father's Day!


I'm trying to wind things up around here and get ready for bed ...


I had a Shaklee show last night and one this afternoon ... which has kept me busy today ...


LeAnna and I gave "Daddy" his gifts this evening ... He usually gets up and out of here before us on Sunday mornings ... so we started our celebration tonight! I'll post some pictures tomorrow ...


I have to stop and take time to ponder some thoughts about my Daddy today ...

I was at the store, browsing the card selection, looking for the "perfect cards" ( I don't just pick up any card ... I search long and hard for my cards and I MEAN what they say inside) ... anyhoo ... in my "search" ... I instinctively found one for "my dad" ... in the recent past, I would have picked it up and then slowly remembered that he was not here for me to send it to him ... but this time, it was just a fleeting thought before picking it up ... it was "him" ... and I would have purchased it ...

LeAnna bug even found an "Andy Griffith" card, brought it to me and said, "look Mom!", as if we were on the same wave length at that moment ... funny ...

I still find gifts that I would purchase him if he were here ... not too long ago, I came across something that he would have LOVED! I remember stopping and picking it up and looking at it ... giving it "my time" as if it even mattered.


Oh well ... death is never easy, no matter who it is ... it does however, get easiER ...


And today ... I reflect ...

I watch LeAnna with her Daddy ... and recall sweet moments spent with my Daddy ... still remembering that special feeling that a little girl feels in her Daddy's arms ...


I'm sad ... and I'm glad - all at the same time ... mixed emotions ...

Sad that he's not here ... glad that he's not here ....

I miss him ... but I don't miss seeing him in pain

I know that he finally got his "ultimate healing" ... and he wouldn't trade that for anything ...

and that makes me happy.


So ... this day ... I reflect ... on the good ...


And ... to my Nate, who is the best Daddy to LeAnna ... she LOVES her Daddy! I love their relationship and love watching them together ... what a bond they are creating, which is only getting stronger every day.

There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~John Gregory Brown


Happy Daddy's Day ... tammy

No comments: