Friday, June 15, 2007

The Saga Continues ...

Well ... wouldn't you know ... the little granite man lied to me!

I specifically asked him if he checked the hook-up for the disposal and the dishwasher ...

He said "no problem" ... "It's okay" ...

Well ...

Wrong!

We discovered a wet rug in front of the sink ... which led to opening the cabinet under the sink ... and finding water everywhere and a disconnected hose from the dishwasher!!!!


AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!


Yikes!

Thank God, my husband knows what he's doing and was able to solve this problem!

I am so ready for this whole ordeal to be over with!

I'm thinking we might be seeing light at the end of the tunnel!


LeAnna had a sleepover and play date on Wednesday ...

Her and Kaitlyn had so much fun playing in the sprinkler outside ... was so funny watching them!


Oh, to be a kid again ... where the only cares are "where's my Hello Kitty purse", or "after I play on the swing set, I'm going to ride my bike" ...

Man ... decisions, decisions that a five year old must make!


Nathan and I sat in the living room yesterday, looking out the window at LeAnna playing and conversed about her ... "there's the child we waited so long for ... acting so big and grown up ... wanting to do things on her own, without our assistance." ...

Last week, LeAnna was either having someone over to the house or going to someone else's ... her agenda was "full" ... it's the first time she's ever been away from me this much ... after about 4 days of this, she came to me one day with tears in her eyes, wrapped her arms around me and said, "I miss you Mommy, I need you" .... Oh My goodness!!!! She could have gotten anything she wanted in that moment! ha! Because for that 4 days I was thinking, "Man, she's growing up too fast and I sure miss her!"

She told me today (sitting in my lap) that she would always be my baby ... even when she had her own little girl, she would still be my baby! Wow! That was nice to hear! =)

I guess I'm more "sentimental" and "emotional" - #1, being an "older Mom" ... #2, waiting as long as I did (not by choice mind you - and the loss that went along with all of that). Being pregnant 7 times with one live birth can take a toll on one's brain - if thought about too much!

LeAnna even asked me the other day if my other babies (her brothers and sisters) were in Heaven .... wow! what do you say to that?! I try to be prepared (try, being the operative word) for most anything that might come out of her mouth in the form of a question ... but how in the world can you be prepared for questions like that?!

Oh well ... the way I look at it ... she was the "special one" ... the one that I'm sure one day will have an impact on someones life ... maybe many lives ... I know she sure has affected mine!

And by calling her the "special one" ... I think she has a special purpose for going through everything we've been through to get here, with her rough start and then the open heart surgery at 3 years old ... yep ... I would say there is "special purpose" written all over her life ... I might not ever be able to witness her "special purpose" fully ... but one thing for sure ... I did my part ... I got her here!


Okay ... HEAVY .. but hey, it's late ... and my mind ... whoo-hoo ... crazy ... especially when it's late ...

Okay enough ...

Going to make a soft pathway to my bed now ... and hopefully be able to fall asleep after these "deep thoughts" of mine!

Wow! Whew ...

Well ... happy day (which ever it is) ... tammy

No comments: