Oh my goodness ...
Okay ... if it's going to happen ... it's going to happen "real good" to me!
My day ... today ...
Oh my ...
Okay ...
Let me just give you the "cliff notes" version ... and just touch the "tip of the iceberg" of my day today.
This evening we had the musicians and praise singers over for dinner and a meeting at our house.
On days like these ... I pretty much "have a plan" for the day ... and try to the best of my ability to "follow it" ...
For the most part, the day went pretty smooth - no real cleaning had to be done ... just some errands and a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed to prepare food ... so I took my time ... SO ... up until the last few hours ... it was the "calm of the storm" so to speak ...
hhmmm .... almost odd that things were going so well and I was not rushing around all day ...
Our guests were to arrive at 6:30 ...
I started "in the kitchen" about 2:30 ... just making desserts, etc. ... things I could do ahead of time and put away ...
I decided to make a "pizza roll" ... haven't made it in a while ... have been using this recipe since "Home-EC" in High School (if that tells you anything! ha) ... but for this recipe you need Rich's Rolls ... well that was the brand name years ago ...
I went to Publix for my groceries today ... couldn't find "Rich's Rolls" anywhere ... obtained all my other items ... and then ... called my mother ... when all else fails, you call mother right?! Anyhoo ...
She said ... Kroger ... you get Rich's Rolls at Kroger ... then she remembered that she just might have some in her freezer ...
How convenient that she lives next door ... =)
Ended up making 4 different trips to her house today, obtaining Cocoa, a grater for the cheese, an extra Pyrex dish, my "stone" to cook my pizza roll on (that I had never moved with us when we moved) ... and something else ... can't remember ... anyhoo ... oh yes ... the "Rolls"
Thank God ... for Mom next door!
So ... the roll (large yeast roll of dough) has to thaw and rise! Yikes ... pushing it here ... so I rub the loaf in butter, sit it on a plate on the stove "to rise" ... come back in 2 hours and the outside has started getting hard ... oh my ... I started trying to pull away the hard pieces and rubbing it with more butter ... (this dish will win the prize for highest fat content tonight) ha! So ... I managed to get the dough into a ball, with more butter (oh my) and cover it and place it in the fridge .... you see ... I forgot to "thaw my hamburger meat" ... hahahahahahah .... yep ... and I thought I was "all planned out" today ... =)
So ... in making my pizza roll ... once you have the dough rolled out you add all this stuff and then pin it up (like you would a baby diaper) and hold it with toothpicks ... then baste it with MORE butter ... hahahahaha .... and off and on with butter while it's cooking ... hahahahah ... anyhoo ... yep ... ha!
Okay ... I should have known ... that when I dumped a box of 1,500 toothpicks that this was the "beginning" of what was to come later today ... =)
Okay ... imagine ... things in the oven cooking ... the kitchen a mess ... sink full of the dishes I had been cooking with, etc. ... things all over the counter ... I'm standing there ... and all of a sudden, there is a "pop" sound ...
Not just your "ordinary" pop!
Of all things ...
My sink fell ....
FELL ...
Fell ...
The seal broke away from the granite and FELL ...
Fell ... yep ... funny now ... Sure wasn't funny then ...
Folks ... it fell in ... I stood there ... my mouth open ...
All I could say ... was "Oh my God, help me" ... like 13 times ...
Okay ... guests to arrive in 1 hour ... my sink just fell ...
Hello?! What do I do?!
Remember ... we've only been here since March ... new granite counter tops ... new sink ... NEW!
new?!
We empty the sink and Nate tries to "help it" .... we empty under the sink ...
The more he "tried to help it" ... the worse it got ...
It finally fell to the cabinet floor!
Yep ...
He went out and found some wood ... was able to prop it up, so it at least "looked" half way normal.
You talk about scrambling around ... trying to stuff dishes and pans in the dishwasher just to get them out of the way - so they wouldn't be sitting all around on the counters ...
I SO like to have my kitchen clean and nothing in the sink when I serve a meal - not so much when it's just "us" ... but when we have company ... I like it this way ...
THEN ... I started smelling something ... "burning" ...
I opened the oven ...
The butter "dripping" from the Pizza Roll dough had run off the "stone" and was dripping down into the stove ...
I always keep aluminum foil in the bottom of my stove "for this purpose" ... but it had gotten moved over and was NOT catching the butter drips!
Oh my ... talk about a "burn"!!!
I just knew the fire alarm was going to go off ...
I turned on the fan ... put more foil in the oven and started opening doors, etc ...
It started getting so smoky in the house!!!!
In the middle of all of this, I started feeling "funny" ... which tells me "I need to run my blood sugar" ...
It was 52 ... barely functioning at this point ... I started cramming glucose in my mouth and drinking chocolate milk ...
OH my ... it's 6pm ...
I'm still not dressed ... I still have the clothes on that I had been cooking in all afternoon ... you know ... the outfit that you could look at and tell exactly what I had cooked? ha!
Nate still had to go to Costco and pick up drinks ... he didn't leave me until he knew my sugar was coming back up ... so he left the house at 6:13!
Oh my ...
So ... to say the least ... I started greeting our guests at the door, into our smoke filled home, in a "non-presentable" way ... which they were so nice to tell me that "I was at home", don't change on their account ...
How sweet ... I did go straighten my hair and brushed off as much "food particles" that was visible! =)
The evening went well ... BUT ... my mind AND my body is exhausted ...
The granite man is supposed to be here in the morning to "repair" our sink ...
Oh my ...
I just can't believe this happened ...
Crazy ...
And ... only me ...
Yikes ...
Oh well ...
It's a MONDAY!!! Once again ...
I just can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow!!!!!
And I didn't even mention my weekend! ha! Not going to either ... don't think I can top my "Monday" ... =)
tammy
1 comment:
I am in shock.
My mouth has been open for like two minutes.
So it doesn't have a "lip" that makes it sit on the counter?
I can't believe it fell!!!!!!
Of all times for it to happen too!
Do you think you had too much weight in it or was it just not done right?
It seems like that would have happened while you were gone and you would have come back to it, KWIM?
What a day!!!!!
Oh well...I guess all's well that ends well, huh?
Post a Comment