Wednesday, February 08, 2006

15 - 65 Double G - 30

Good Morning ... after reading a comment from yesterday's blog, I guess I need to address it ... =)

... you know how you just "have those days" where yes, you're honestly trying and WANT bad to be healthy and lose weight, etc. ... but it just gets the best of you? Okay, that's where I was yesterday ... I didn't mean any harm to the "reader" who "anonymously" wrote the comment. Please don't take offense (whoever you are). I totally agree, with the "husband comment" and yes, I think all husbands (after viewing the Super Bowl commercials) would agree they would love for their wives to be "Barbie" ... which is by the way - like a waist of 15 and breast size like 65 double G and hips like "J-LO" which is about 30! ... BUT ... the truth is ... I don't think any of us would like to walk around with duck tape all over our bodes - which is how the super models have their pictures made and then Photoshopped! Which by the way I know can be done, because I have done it to clients before ... =) (at their request mind you) ... all I meant was ... most of the people we hang around, for the most part are not dealing with that much of a weight issue ... and it seems that all you hear is "I can't eat that or how many points or does it have carbs or etc" ... I was just thinking it would be nice to hear conversation like ... "man, did you hear about the sale at Stein Mart?" or "man this dish is so good- do you have the recipe?" ... If we lived in a "Pleasantville" world, NONE of us would have ANY issues (including weight) and boy wouldn't that be nice! But ... since we don't ... God help us until we do (which is Heaven) and surely He'll provide us with Fudge Rounds there! =) ... seriously, ever think about it? There will be the marriage supper of the lamb - and that means food ... that means we can eat whatever and not have any worries! ... don't you want to go?! I do!

Happy, Happy day to all ... and I leave you with this ...


"Oh, how precious is time; and how guilty it makes me feel when I think I
have trifled away and misimproved it or neglected to fill up each part of it
with duty to the utmost of my ability and capacity."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on yesterday's notes. You look great just like you are! I don't think that your husband has any problem with your looks or size. (He seems mighty happy). There may be more men out there like mine, that says that he "likes the feel of a fluffy woman"! It is true that we concerate on "diet and looks" far more than we should! Personally, I have been on a diet for 50 years now! Be yourself, you are wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on yesterday's post as well. This is obviously a "weighty" topic. I'm almost afraid to comment, but here goes... We all have different opinions and interests. At gatherings we all seem to talk about our own interests. For some, that may be a hobby like photography, for others their children, and for some people weight loss and exercise are the topic of choice. If you find yourself surrounded by people that only talk about this one topic, simply remove yourself from the conversation and find someone else to talk with. As for myself, I try to be interested in whatever my friends are dealing with or going through, even if that means listening to incessant talk of points, carbs and fat grams. For those of us who are dealing with weight issues prefer not to talk about shopping or sales as it is less fun when you are uncomfortable with yourself.

As for Hollywood, normal people should not compare themselves to those types of people and I've found most of us that do, do so in jest. Super Bowl models have cooks, dieticians, and personal trainers. We simply cannot compete. However, when I see a "normal" person who has learned to manage their weight through healthy eating and exercise, it motivates me and helps me to realize this is the lifestyle I need to adopt in order to live my best and longest life possible. Not too mention the example we are to set for our children. I have found that when a woman pays more attention to her weight and health the husband soon follows. When speaking of husbands and their weight issues we must ask ourselves who let themselves go first, our husbands or us? If you are confident and secure in your body image, that is wonderful! For those of us who are not (and I'm sure many of us have tried to be) it's very consuming. All goals are different, each of us has a different vision for ourself (remember only you and your husband know what you look like naked, lol):)

So next time you are surrounded by weight talk, remember many people are on that journey and women are accustomed to discussing their journeys. Remember, "we are the Temple..." and the Lord was specific in His requirements for the early tabernacle. Surely it is displeasing when we do not maintain our Temple in a healthful manner. How are we to do God's work if we are tired, sick, and unhealthy due to excess weight.

This is simply another view on the issue. The whole topic is thought provoking, thanks for bringing it up.

Anonymous said...

To all the ladies that are frustrated with weight issues....Stop eating so much....And guess what....The weight comes off fast.

Anonymous said...

eat less, exercise more, novel idea

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I applaude your comments for today! (and yesterday)
Now onto another topic!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Blogging, "talking"! What does the good book say about "study to be quiet"??????

Anonymous said...

For the comment on studying to be quiet....The anonymous person must not be studying that much...It is very easy to make comments under the "anonymous" name...come on...be the big person and sign your name....By the way my name is nathan.