Good Morning ...
Took LeAnna to school this morning, got her to class and then headed to the office. I had turned in her Summer Enrollment Application over a week ago without the enrollment fee - due to the fact that Nathan had removed the checkbook from my purse and I didn't know it. We hardly ever use checks anymore - we either use a check card or pay on-line ... so the checkbook is just a "have to" case. But in this "have to" case - it wasn't there! ... So ... to make a long story short, I took a checkbook to school with me today (over a week late)! Anyhoo ... I'm sitting in the Director's office and we are chit chatting while I'm writing the check and she says ... "LeAnna is doing very well here and we are glad she's here" ... then she paused, and then looked at me funny before she said it and said, "Several of the teachers have commented that LeAnna has this light in her eyes that shines and that she glows". Okay ... so maybe ordinary statement to some people, but sitting there watching this lady say this to me and the way she said it ... I sort of got chills and started smiling REALLY big inside ... I couldn't wait to get outside - and then the tears started flowing ... driving, I couldn't see without continually wiping my eyes ... I know that just by LeAnna being born is a miracle in itself ... she is known as the "miracle baby" ... they don't know that at school. And I know that going through all she's been through - from her rough start when she was born up until open heart surgery last year - she's been through a lot for a 3 year old then (now 4 year old). But all along I've known that LeAnna would be special - maybe not in man's eyes, but in God's eyes and I know that her life is and will be a testimony. I know there is a purpose for her life and for her being here ... don't know what it is yet - but I know there is one. My prayer is to daily teach her to be a light to others in this dark world and to somehow make a difference in someone else's life. (crying, boo-hooing at this point)
Whew! Okay ... I leave you with this thought ... Proverbs 3:5-6 .... "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not into thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct they paths."
Happy Tuesday ... Tammy
2 comments:
pooey on you for making me cry...
what a great moment...and you know she does already have the Holy Ghost, that would make anybody shine brighter.
Post a Comment