
Good Morning ...
We just returned from the dentist. TRAUMATIC experience! I knew LeAnna would be "not happy" about this visit - but didn't think it would be this bad!
First, when we arrived ... there was a VERY unruly child who was kicking and screaming ... to the point that my nerves that weren't already shot ... were shot at this point! Truly, I was saddened by what I heard and saw of this child ... things he was saying (screaming) told me that the child was not treated right at home ... anyhoo ... Nathan and I just shook our heads - thankful that we have God in our lives and in our home.
THEN, they call our names and we go back and they close the door and say, "we're going to take LeAnna and you can remain in the lobby" (with the screaming child might I add) ... aaahhh ... I don't think so ... so after explaining what we had been through last year, they agreed we should go back with her for a bit ... so after she started playing with the other children, I slipped back out to the waiting area.
THEN, they called me back because LeAnna is "upset". I have NEVER seen her this upset! I layed her down on the chair and she was literally shaking, screaming NO and crying MOMMA! Okay ... if you only could experience what we went through when they removed her chest tubes after open heart surgery, then you could understand why she was so upset. And of course, since I knew that I was totally sympathetic with her! (when they removed her chest tubes, they did not sedate her like they had told us they would ... she remembers it ALL and it was VERY traumatic for her) To the point ... that she has had several bad dreams, waking up crying, asking "why did they pull those tubes out of my tummy?" ... her surgery was last April ... and the most recent bad dream episode was in December. Her pediatrician suggested we contact Vanderbilt just for "quality improvement" issues.
So .... knowing all this ... I knew today would be difficult for her ... but didn't realize HOW difficult!
They finally got her teeth brushed (standing up) and the "vitamin rinse" applied! And then we had to see the Doctor!!!!!! But ... luckily she responded to him much better than the hygienist. He did his exam with her standing beside him ... Whew! One small issue with a back molar - but nothing to worry about right now ... he said even if it was "bad" - they would not do anything because of her recent surgery.
So in the above picture (you know the one with her smiling, sitting in the dentist chair) ... this was taken after it was ALL over with and we were getting ready to walk out the door!!!!!
Oh My Goodness ... so glad that's over ... maybe in "6 months" at the next appointment - she will do better - knowing now what is expected!
On our way out - I stopped to put her coat on and she leaned over on me and hugged me and said, "I was so scared" ... I immediately started bawling ... so we walked to the car - holding hands - both crying.
Then we went to Taco Bell for some pizza! =) ... all is well that ends well.
And again ladies and gentlemen ... that was a "Monday"!
Happy Day ... tammy
2 comments:
Oooooh. She is lucky to have you Tammy!!! I can imagine you both, walking to the car, holding hands. Whew! What a day!!! Ya'll should be good to yourselves tonight and do/eat whatever is your favorite! :o) That's what I do when I've had a tough day! Love You!!!
Oh my! I too had to take Tiffany to the dentist today. She has to get ready for braces. I knew what he was doing was not pleasent, but she was a trooper! They had a TV screen on the cieling and had it on the cartoon network, so she liked that. Unfortunatly we have several more visits before the braces. :(
Post a Comment