Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Sappy Day...




Happy Valentines Day! I just returned from LeAnna's school party. Yes, I cried ... and as I was standing there, taking pictures, taking it all in - I realized that this day was FINALLY here that I had waited for - so long! Then the tears ... yikes! So once again - I started looking up and around the room... blinking ... trying to stop the flow and finally composed myself ... and I've got the "rest of her life" to go! Oh my ... does it get any better?

Last night I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. making sure the teacher's gift bags were "just right" and then I got this wise idea to be the "all american mommy" and make fudge to add to the bags! I thought that I would get up early this morning and cut the fudge in shapes of each teacher's first initial ... and you know me - I love anything monogrammed! ... But ...to make a long story short ... my fudge didn't "fudge" ... it "sauced"! OH well ... at least I had some choc covered heart shaped cookies to wrap up with some red ribbon! So much for everything at her "first school party" being just perfect!

The teacher had all the kids get in a circle with their bags they had decorated last week in front of them ... each child got a turn to pass out "their valentines" to each friend ... somehow LeAnna ended up beside Dawson - she is very intrigued by him because she also has a cousin named Dawson so we say "cousin Dawson" or "school Dawson" ... at one point she got my attention and pointed over to him and smiled ... =) She has also made friends with Lauren, Annaliese and Adelaide which are pictured above. They had so much fun today!


I'm just so thankful that we have her and she's here and she's mine and I'm her mommy ... okay STOP!!!!! Moving right along ...

My Valentine is taking me to see Amy Grant, Vince Gill and the Nashville Symphony this evening ... I'm really excited about that! And he even thought of it! =) How sweet is that?!


Okay, sappy, sappy day ... here's to another "moment" that will one day be a precious memory for me to recall ...

Happy Heart Day to all ... tammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I love hearing your stories! They make me smile :)
Hope you had fun at your concert.
Doris