Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snow - Shmo ...


Good Morning ... where's the snow?! They predicted 4-6 inches for Nashville for last night and today ... looks like they missed it again on our street! =) It really hasn't done that much "snow wise" in the last couple of years - we had a really big one, that you could actually play in, when LeAnna was about 1 1/2 ... so she really hasn't got to enjoy it that much ... BUT, February is not over and that seems to be Nashville's worst winter month ... so just maybe ... =)

LeAnna's doctor called yesterday in regards to LeAnna's leg pain ... she's suggesting "growing pains" like I had thought (I had leg cramps really bad when I was a kid) but she's puzzled about it being one leg in one spot ... she wants us to wait a week and monitor it - treating with Motrin and wants to check her and maybe do some type of bone test ... yikes! I'm not even believing that or going there ... I'm just calling it "growing pains"!

LeAnna has a Valentine party this Tuesday at school - so we're going to be doing her "valentines" today to pass out to her classmates. Out of all the valentines at the store - Hello Kitty, the Disney Princess ones, Clifford, and many other ones, she chose the one that had Hershey Kisses in them! (her favorite candy). She is so excited to do this "big stuff" with her friends at school ...

She also gets rewarded for "reading books" as homework ... for every 10 books we read she gets a star and a treasure out of the treasure chest. When she reaches 100 books her teacher will give her a new book. She's really enjoying this - she has also recognized her first word - "the" ... so as we are reading, she follows along and when we get to the word "the" she reads it herself .... you know, there are LOTS of "the's" she's finding out and gets tired of her new word! I think this is prompting her to learn a new one! =)

With a friend in mind that I spoke with yesterday, I leave you with this thought ...

Though it seems "long and drawn out" at times, this VERY special time that Mother's have with their small children is a special "gift of time". It is a God-ordained time that He gave Mothers to devote "their time" to their children. Please don't stress out - feeling that you have to "do everything" or "be everything" to "everybody" - just recognize your calling and know that you are doing what God has called you to do for now - and that's to be a "Mother". So soon they will grow up and then you'll have all the time in the world to "think about" what you should have done! ... So enjoy yourself today - Mom!

Have a great day - Tammy

1 comment:

Renee Camacho said...

I BEYOND totally agree with your statement at the end...you know that. I have experience all to well the overwhelmed 'mother' and doer of all feeling many times. But, ultimately, the reward is greater than any sacrifice that we make as mothers. We sacrifice our time, our 'lives', our sleep, our money ('cause we're usually buying for anyone else but us), and I'm sure countless other things, but in the end...it's so worth it. I still clearly remember the first time that I saw something in Brandon come out of him that I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I had actually made an effort to teach him. I remember feeling satisfied at that moment, knowing that perhaps I WAS doing something that made a difference. It's really hard to so those little things when they're so little and so 'needy' and consume you so much, but there will be a moment that it just clicks and you feel the impact of what you've actually been doing for years...it happens...

And I believe that there is a special time that God allows us all to be 'mothers'...and that's what we're required, expected, and honestly, just the best at at that time in our lives...

so enjoy it now...every moment