Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Worth the Weight ...

Howdy! LeAnna came bouncing out of school today - she had music class today with Lovey Dovey the bird! She was all smiles to be there! We went by the bakery and picked up some goodies to take to my aunt for her birthday today. She is bedridden and not doing very well ... I thought LeAnna might cheer her up. I'm so thankful for our health ... it always makes you appreciate it more when you see someone in that condition.

I was reading a friends blog today and she was discussing "weight" and "fashion", etc. by the worlds standards or Hollywood's standards I guess I should say ... and yes, I totally agree - I'm tired of "everyone elses standards" of what we should weigh or look like ... there's nothing worse than going to a social event and all that's talked about is "being on a diet" or "losing weight" ... well I want to be slim and trim just like the next gal ... BUT ... I've decided that if I have a few extra pounds on and I'm happy and enjoying my life - I'm not going to stress out over it! Be Happy! Live Life and Love it! Not worrying so much! =) ... I don't want to look back on life and all I remember is "being on a diet and trying to lose weight and struggling with it!" ... okay, I'm off my soap box now ... =)

For those of you who know me very well, know that I absolutely LOVE Paula Deen! (chef - food network) I have a t-shirt of hers that says, "Worth the Weight"! ... how appropriate for today's blog! She always gives cooking tips and I thought I would share one with you today ...

"If you have overbaked your cake layers, make a simple syrup of 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; boil for 3 to 5 minutes, then brush the cake layers with syrup on both sides until they are "revived."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does matter...If you don't believe it...all you ladies ask your husbands!

Tammy Batson said...

I wish I knew who "anonymous" was ... you must not go to the same "social events" that I go to (ha!) ... I bet the husbands would like to hear something else besides "weight issues" and "diets" and most of the husbands I know have NO ROOM to talk! (ha, ha!) ... =)

Anonymous said...

I don't know whose husbands you are referring to, but I know my husband has "NO PROBLEM" at all with how much I discuss my weight!!!!!