Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sweet Spot ...

Good Morning ... I picked up a new book by my favorite author, Max Lucado - titled Cure for the Common Life, Living in your Sweet Spot ... I totally recommend it (so far) ... I can't hardly put it down ... of course, anything by Max Lucado is hard for me to put down. I sat up late last night delving into this book ... here is an excerpt

"Sweet Spot." Golfers understand the term. So do tennis players. But you don't have to swing a bat or a club to know this. What engineers give sports equipment, God gave you. A zone, a region, a life precinct in which you were made to dwell. He tailored the curves of your life to fit an empty space in his jigsaw puzzle. And life makes sweet sense when you find your spot. But if you're like 70% of workers, you haven't found it. You find work to be dull and your talents seem wasted. You're suffering from the "common life", and you desperately need a cure.

Each person is given something to do that shows who God is.

1 Corinthians 12:7 MSG

The Spirit has given each of us a special way of serving others. Enough of this self-deprecating "I can't do anything." And enough of it's opposite: "I have to do everything." NO, YOU DON'T! You're not God's solution to society, but a solution in society. Imitate Paul, who said, "Our goal is to stay within the boundaries of God's plan for us" (2 Cor 10:13 NLT). Clarify your contribution. Don't worry about skills you don't have. Don't covet strengths others do have. Just extract your uniqueness. "Kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you" (2 Tim 1:6 NASB) And do so to .... make a big deal out of God!

"Stand at the intersection of your affections and successes and find your uniqueness."

Okay ... now that I've tickled your fancy a bit ... =) Maybe you should go out and buy it and check it out for yourself ... (maybe I should seek referral fee's for this commercial) ha!

Okay enough of the book review ... LeAnna was off to school this morning with a little bit of drama - but she's there! She's been having leg cramps and crying with them ... like 3 A.M leg cramps that I have to rub so she can go back to sleep ... it happened again this morning. We really worried about this last year with the heart medication - it was a symptom that we had to report to the doc, but we're not on any type of meds right now ... so maybe it's just "growing pains"! =)

Have a great day ... and I leave you with this thought ....

"The only mistake is not to risk making one"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I loved that insert!
Tiffany used to have leg craps like that also, and so did her biological mother. Her Grandmother told me to feed her a tomato before she went to bed or when she woke up with leg cramps to rub tomato on her legs and believe it or not it worked!! It was growing pains, and she was missing a nitrient she needed and the tomato gave it to her and relieved the leg cramps. Fortunatly she liked tomatoes.