Well today went MUCH better than expected ...
I was a wreck this morning ...
Today was dentist day ...
I was up before 7am ...
Oh my ...
Got the 3 doses of antibiotic down and was even to the dentist early!
We had to wait about 30 minutes before she went back ... she kept saying ... I'll be okay because you're going to be RIGHT beside me ... right?
So ... when they called her name ... me and her and Muffin (the stuffed dog she chose to go with her today) went to the door ... they asked her to walk on through and asked me to wait in the waiting room ...
Ugh ...
Hard for me!
Especially after telling her how many times? That I would be right there with her!
Okay ... so ... I took out my notebook and started making notes ... planning for her party ... got a lot accomplished because she was gone a while! I finally went up to the counter and asked if she was okay ...
They checked and said ... she's doing great ... already had her teeth cleaned and waiting on the doctor!
Wow! Made it through the first part! I was SO excited! Especially after this last February when it was a HORRIBLE 1st time visit to the dentist!
They finally called me back and I met with the dentist ... he said she did excellent! Especially knowing how she did in February and for all she's been through ... he was very proud of her!
Okay ...
Two cavities!!!!!!!
Ugh ...
One bad ... one not so bad ...
The simple thing would be just to fix them! And a normal child - they would!
But ...
They have to check with the cardiologist to see what he says ...
The dentist says he'll say one of three things ...
1. wait ... until it's been more time since surgery
2. fix it ... in the office ...
3. fix it ... but in the hospital - under general anesthesia - not fun!
Okay ... so we wait ... for a week or two to find out ...
If we get to do it in the office ... that will happen on the 17th!
But ... he's a bit concerned ... no food or drink after midnight ... and then 3 doses of antibiotic plus the liquid sedative on an empty stomach! Eeekkk .... not fun for me or her ... but REALLY not fun for dentist who is in her mouth working! eerrkkk!
So ... we wait ...
We were SO proud of her ... she did so good and did not cry once! Big girl!
Daddy promised we would go bike riding if she did really good today ...
So tonight ... we went bike riding at our favorite spot down the street ...
It's such a nice trail ... and at the end you get a treat ... it overlooks the river ... has places to sit ... very nice ...
And ...
Tonight was my first night to go riding with them ... fun ... haven't been on a bike in a LONG time! Enjoyed it though .... I have certain muscles that haven't been entertained since the last time I rode my bike - which was a LONG time ago! ha!
We had a great family night tonight ...
Grilled out ...
Ate dinner outside on the new deck ...
Oh yeah ... we had our deck extended ... I'll have to send pics when it's completely done!
Happy Friday Evening ... as I leave you with this ...
"It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle." ~Ernest Hemingway
... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment