Good Morning ...
Today is Muesday for me ...
I had SO much to do yesterday that it was much worse than a Monday ... so today is Monday/Tuesday combined (a normal Monday) ... so today is Muesday ...
And on this Muesday ...
I have a new project to start ... so ... work, work for me ...
Plus ... clients to edit ...
But thank Goodness ... I got my Paula Deen pics edited and they are ready for the mail today ... For Miracle League and for Hoffman Media (who takes care of Paula Deen's magazine and media stuff).
I spoke with the president of Hoffman Media at the event this weekend ... and she seemed excited about LeAnna's Paula Deen party ... and asked for pictures from it ...
That's exciting ... so - we'll see!
Question of the day: ..........................
This morning LeAnna says ...
Mom ... what does "drunk" mean?
Okay ... I stop and think ...
Oh my ...
What should I say ...
So ... I said ...
If you drink a drink, then you've drunk your drink!
ha!
Oh well ... thought it would suffice ... !
Then she says ...
Mom ...
If you drink wine all night ... then you get drunk!
W H A T ? ? ? ? ?
Where did you hear that?
Well, I guess I startled her ... because she started crying and said she didn't want to get in trouble ...
I told her that she wouldn't get in trouble ... I just wanted to know where she heard it!
She said ... Mom ... I didn't hear it anywhere ... I just thought it in my head ...
Hhhmmmmm ....
Okay ...
So we left it at that!
Whew!
Yikes!
Only me and only my daughter!
Okay ... so ... Sunday ...
After leaving the Paula Deen Weekend ... Renee and I drove to meet our husbands for lunch after church ....
My van was 13 miles from being out of gas ...
So I stopped at a gas station to fill up ...
Got out ...
Inserted my card in the tank ...
Pulled out the nozzle ...
It wouldn't reach ...
So I jumped back in the van to pull forward to get closer ...
Put it back up in park ( I thought)
Jumped out ...
Was about 2 feet away when Renee started screaming ...
I turned around and my van was rolling backwards ...
I ran and jumped inside (the door was open) and slammed on the breaks ...
But before I could get it stopped ...
The van door had caught on the nice, red, concrete pole that guards the tanks ...
It pulled my van door all the way back to the front of the van - and broke it into!
OH MY GOODNESS ! ! !
I immediately started crying ...
Not believing this just happened ! ! ! !
To make ANOTHER - VERY long story a little shorter ...
In waiting for Nathan to arrive ...
I tried to simulate what happened with the gear shift ...
After thinking about all of this ... there is NO WAY the gear shift could have been left in reverse ... if it had ... it would have started rolling as soon as I took my foot off of the break ... but it did not ... and I was two feet away from the van before it started rolling backwards ...
So ... my theory ...
Is that the gear shift was pushed up into park, but the button on the shift did not release ... allowing it to pop back into reverse ... and when I jumped out of the van - it made it pop back ...
Okay ... so ... this is the only thing that I can figure that happened ...
So ... the insurance company is aware ... and they are having the dealership check this out ...
Oh My ...
So ... my van is in the shop for a week!
Ugh!
If it's going to happen - it will happen to me!
Thank GOD for insurance!
Whew ...
Okay ... so my thought for this Happy Muesday is ...
"Always make sure your gear shift is jammed up into park with all buttons that can stick out, - stuck out... and then cut the engine off and put the hand break on before taking your foot off of the brake and getting out of your vehicle!"
... tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment