Tuesday, August 08, 2006

To See or Not to See ...

Good Morning ...

So ... yesterday ... went to the Eye Doctor ...

He's wanting to do more surgery on my right eye ... which I've already had the same procedure done, but he wants to come in even more (around the entire eyeball) ... which means even more vision loss ... because where they laser, you have permanent vision loss ... and he's already done laser around the entire eyeball and I now have slight peripheral vision loss.

Not too excited about this ...

It's my camera eye ...

Okay ... enough said ... not happy ...

He took pictures yesterday ... I go back in one month - to see if there are any changes ...

If so ... he wants to do the surgery immediately ...

Option ... if I don't have it done ... I take the risk of losing my central vision in my right eye (which, interpreted is - blind) .... not saying it will happen ... but there's a chance it can eventually ...

So they are of the opinion that it is better to have vision loss in the peripheral than in the central vision ... I agree ... but ... I would be much happier to have ALL my vision ... this is my prayer.


So ... last night some friends called and wanted to do dinner ... we tried a new place .... Bricktops on West End ... VERY different, but surprisingly good ...

Afterwards ... we went downtown to Mike's Ice Cream Fountain on Broadway ... good ice cream ... I ordered "birthday cake" icecream ... (it really tastes like birthday cake) ... ate two bites and LeAnna asked for it ... so I got her plain jane valella (vanilla) =) ... which was okay by me ... because after two bites of the birthday cake stuff, it was a bit more than I could handle ... I think they must have mixed icing in there with it! Yack!

So ... then we went walking down Broadway ... I've lived in Nashville all my life ... and have only done this a few times ... and the last time was a VERY long time ago ... anyhoo ... Nate found Elvis! ha! A statue that is ... I took a picture ... but for SOME stupid reason ... it won't let me post anymore pictures ... I had about 5 more to post and only got this one in ... so sorry ... "Thanks" blogspot!

It was a nice evening ... humid ... but fun!


Happy Tuesday .... tammy

"When possums are playing 'possum, they are not "playing." They actually pass out from sheer terror."

No comments: