Monday, August 28, 2006

Let My Lysol Sing To You ...

Good Evening ...

It's M O N D A Y ! ! !

We've been SO busy this weekend ... and went out of town on Sunday for the day.

Today was Open House at LeAnna's school ... we met with the teachers at school this morning ... visited the classroom ... filled out some papers ... got a folder of stuff to bring home and read ... heard a little bit about what will be happening this year, etc. LeAnna was very excited to go this morning ... she even took her teachers a box of doughnut holes from Krispy Kreme!

She seems really excited to start school next week!

I had a MAJOR realization yesterday .... Starting next Tuesday ... for the next 14 years ... it will be school "every morning" ... from here on out ... LeAnna will be doing 5 days a week for pre-school ... and then next year starts Kindergarten ... and then 12 years of school after that ... THEN college!!!

It was just a "ton of bricks" moment for me! This is it! No more baby girl ... although, she'll always be my baby girl ... but those "baby, toddler" years are gone! I am so sad ...

I LOVE her at this age too though ... we hold normal conversations ... and have for a while, but ... that baby I wanted for SO long ... it's just a milestone ... and I know that things will be different from here on out!

Whew!

Okay ... so ... you know it's bad when "today" ... I've been recollecting and entertaining thoughts on special days in the past ... waking up at 3:30am to feed her a bottle ... rocking her back to sleep ... every evening taking her to her room to put her in the babybed - noticing, in the long mirror at the end of the hall - where her little feet came to on my body and noticing even then how quickly she grew and got longer and longer so quickly! And almost seemed that one night I took her to her babybed ... and the next night took her to her toddler bed ...

All this teaches me one thing ....

Enjoy and Live EVERY moment to its fullest!

Okay ...

Enough ...

For now! (ha)

Today ... LeAnna asks me ...

LeAnna: Mommy?

Me: Yes, baby

LeAnna: What is Lysol?

Me: Well ... it's a cleaning product that you spray and it cleans and sterilizes and disinfects the air.

LeAnna: Oh ... well ... it doesn't sing!

Me: What?

LeAnna: Lysol doesn't sing!

Me: What do you mean? I don't understand

LeAnna: You know ... "Let my Lysol sing to you ... "

Me: hahaahahahahahah NO Baby ... L I F E S O NG not Lysol!

There is a song called "Lifesong" ... and it's the ringtone on my phone ... so she hears this song everytime the phone rings ... and thought it was saying Lysol ! Oh My Goodness ... that's great!

Okay ... so ... long day ... tired ... getting ready to retire to bed ...

Happy Lovely Evening ...

tammy

No comments: