Monday, July 30, 2007

Adding To The Collection ...

This morning ... I was preparing breakfast for LeAnna ... she wanted "pancakes" ... imagine that?! (that's her "favorite"!)



Daddy went shopping and picked up some "animal character" pancakes at the store for her to try ... so that's what she had this morning ...



She took a few bites ... and I said, "what do you think?"



She said ... "they are SO good ..."



THEN ... without pause, and right off the cuff ... she said ...


"Daddy can shop, but he can't fix hair!"



ha!



Oh well ... Daddy tries ... and for that we are appreciative!





This afternoon ... I finally fulfilled a promise I had made at the beginning of summer ...



... a trip to the "Firestation" ... (to paint, not to put out fires) .... =)



She was SO excited when I told her what we were going to do today ... I don't think she could believe it!



So we grabbed some lunch and headed to the mall ...



She chose a girl with a backpack!



I think she is ready for school to start! =)



Not sure that I'm ready ... but Nate keeps telling me that I will enjoy it ...



hmmm ... we'll see ...



He is VERY used to leaving EVERYDAY and going to work ... I'm the one who has been here with her all day, everyday, of her life ... minus a few hours of preschool this last year ...



I am VERY glad we made the decision to send her to preschool ... not only did it help prepare her for a "classroom atmosphere" ... it helped me "stretch the strings" a little bit (still not ready to cut them strings yet though) ...



Like I said ... hmmm ...



Anyhoo ... I also found me something to paint today ... rather excited about it ... I had seen this very unique teapot the last time we were there and knew that's what I wanted to paint ...



It's a pyramid shaped teapot with a ball on top ... love it!



I'm painting it green with black and white trim ... I started it today and will go back and add my detail work in the next couple of days ...



Our time got away from us ... it took awhile to paint the basic part of the teapot, then helping LeAnna finish her project... and THEN had to complete a gift we are making for someone ...



So ... after about 3 hours ... we headed to the grocery store ...



But before we did that, she talked me into stopping by the cookie store in the mall for a soft pretzel ... yummy ...



THEN ... on the way in the grocery store, she says ... "I need a cookie"



(tradition ... go to Publix, stop by the bakery first, get her card punched and get a cookie to eat while grocery shopping) ...



I said ... "you just ate a soft pretzel"



she said ... "yes, but I need a cookie for my collection"



I said ... "collection?"



she said ... "yep ... I have a cookie collection in my tummy!"



Alrighty then ... that merited an addition to the collection!



ha!



We had a good day together ...



Loving these moments with her ...



I know it's getting ready to change ... I think I'm ready ...

I think ...



I'm trying ... it will be difficult ... but the change is inevitable ... and I'm okay with that ...



... I think ...


Oh well ... I'll deal with that emotional moment later ...

Happy day ... tammy

No comments: