Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Ship Set Sail and the Mates Had Clothes!

U-P-D-A-T-E ...

After a VERY long wait ... Mom and crew FINALLY got their bags right before boarding the ship!

Wow!!! What a way to start a vacation!!! They probably needed today just to "re-coop"! ha!

They set sail yesterday afternoon and their first port is tomorrow morning! They seemed so excited and SO relieved to have "something else" to put on! =)

My yesterday and my today have been busy!

After getting them to the airport yesterday ... I started baking for a bake sale at church tomorrow morning ...

then ... got dressed and went to the funeral home to visit dear friends of mine whose granddad/dad passed away. So good to see so many people you know all at once, but not a fun occasion to get together ...

although .... I've had my share of funerals ... I almost don't even like going ... I just make myself do it out of respect!

This particular funeral home I went to housed my Dad, my granddad, and my aunt. So ... all those memories were flooding back into my recollection of time ... standing in the very spots that I did with each of my loved ones, remembering how each person that walked up to me, allowed me to say the same things over and over as I reminisced to "soothe" my aches at the time. Funny how just being able to "talk" about it makes it better!

And I've learned ... that's pretty much the best thing to do ... when in the situation of consoling a friend/loved one who has just experienced loss .... just listen! Because believe me ... you never "somehow" say the right thing ... I learned that from experience!

So ... I did ...

I listened ...

... as my friend Regina ... gleamed with loving satisfaction of her final moments with her grandfather ... happy that she "stayed a little longer than planned" on one of her last visits with him and recalling fond memories...

and as she spoke ... noting that she was able to smile and laugh through the tears.

So ... as I wiped tears away several times while standing over the casket, with my dear childhood friend ... definitely for her and the family ... but also ... for myself ...

just remembering ...

I miss my Daddy.

I miss my Granddaddy.

Not to sound proud or boastful ... but to them, I was their world ... at least that's what they told me!

ha!

And I miss them.


Okay ENOUGH!

Whew!


So ... today ... busy ...

cleaned ...

took a long hot shower (needed) not because I stunk, because there was no one else in the house besides Princess, and I just needed to stand in the hot shower! okay ... I know ... too much info!

got a manicure ...

had a photo session with a client this afternoon ... which turned out great! Beautiful couple ... loved the location we shot at ...

dinner with friends at Maffiazos ... SAW BO BICE ! Yep ... from American Idol year before last! Way cool!

finished my baking ...

and now blogging ...

Which means ... it's time for bed!

Big day tomorrow!


I'm in hopes that you enjoy your day at your favorite place of worship tomorrow.

Happy Evening ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

You aren't bragging.
It's nice to be loved unconditionally.
I miss my Daddy too.
I just try to think that he's "away" and we'll be together soon!!!
Makes me wanna not miss Heaven, that's for sure!